HR Business Partner (12mth FTC)
The HRBP is the strategic partner, single point of contact and principal advisor for human capital matters to the leadership of one or more medium-sized business, region or function within Mercer. This position may have direct reports and be responsible for managing one or more junior HRBP colleagues.
As a member of the leadership team of the business or function, contribute to the execution of its business plan:
- Deliver a program of human capital interventions supporting both the business plan and any higher level HR strategy - Use workforce planning analytics to support and inform recommendations as necessary
- Support human capital change initiatives either stand-alone or as part of a broader program as required; lead smaller change activities for specific client groups
- Execute actions resulting from organisation re-design in anticipation of evolution in the business as a result of changing client expectations and requirements
- Operationalise reward strategy for client businesses ensuring clear linkages between reward and recognition and performance, contribution and long term potential
- Advise clients on all matters of talent acquisition, retention, reward and recognition
- Support the business on all talent management programs including business leaders and leadership development, performance management, succession planning, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Engage with clients to ensure action plans are developed and executed to improve collaboration with the business
- Facilitate / lead training events, covering HR/People related issues, as appropriate
Manage individual and collective employee relations issues to a successful conclusion with minimal operational, reputational or financial risk:
- Represent business in employee consultation or representation forums (where relevant)
- Provide advice and support to client groups, ensuring compliance to all HR related legislative requirements and internal governance
May be required to lead, manage and direct an HRBP team (where relevant):
- Building and developing HR team
- Ensure efficient and effective management of HR transactions by the rest of the HR function
Build contacts across the market to ensure clients have market intelligence to inform critical decision-making:
- Using relevant MI to identify themes and trends, making recommendations as appropriate
- Proven HR generalist/HR business partnering experience coupled with experience in management and/or strategic leadership
- Extensive HR experience including time as a BP to senior or mid-level clients
- Experience across the range of HR disciplines with a strong working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Evidence of delivery of practical HR solutions to critical business issues
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong consulting, project management, coaching and leadership skills
- Influencing and client management skills
- Intellectual rigor and strong analytical skills
- Personal credibility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
To apply for this job, please click the 'Apply' link on Changeboard.