The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is the strategic partner, single point of contact and principal advisor for human capital matters to the leadership of one or more medium-sized business, region or function within Marsh & McLennan Companies. This position may have direct reports and be responsible for managing one or more junior HRBP colleagues.
This role will take responsibility for business-wide strategic projects to support the development and execution of an effective people strategy for Mercer UK.
Engage with the HR leadership team and with leaders of businesses/functions to envision, scope, plan, develop and implement projects and strategies which will contribute to the execution of the people strategy and Mercer UK business plan. Projects may be in areas relating to:
- Talent development frameworks and strategies
- Performance management processes and policy
- Development of the inclusion and diversity agenda
- Culture and engagement
- Local reward strategies
- Spans and tiers of control
As necessary and appropriate, development of plans and implementation will require engagement with stakeholders in MMC, Mercer HR Global CoE leaders and other HR or functional experts across Mercer.
Take responsibility for projects which arise as a result of, for example:
- The people aspects of mergers, acquisitions and/or divestments
- Cross-OpCo projects in the UK
- Group-wide and centrally-led initiatives and programmes
- Legislative, regulatory or compliance requirements
May be required to lead, manage and direct the work of others:
- Task management of others working on projects
- Appraisal of the project-based performance of individuals that have made a substantive contribution to projects
Build contacts across the market to ensure HR have market intelligence to inform critical decision-making:
- Understand trends and practices in the industry and in other sectors
- Identify best practice outside MMC to inform strategy and plans in Mercer UK
- Using relevant MI to identify themes and trends, making recommendations as appropriate
- Proven HR generalist/HR business partnering experience coupled with experience in management and/or strategic leadership
- Extensive HR experience including time as a BP to senior or mid-level clients
- Experience across the range of HR disciplines with a strong working knowledge of relevant legislation
- Evidence of delivery of practical HR solutions to critical business issues
- Project scoping, planning and management
Knowledge & Skills required
- Strong consulting, project management, coaching and leadership skills
- Influencing and client management skills
- Intellectual rigor and strong analytical skills
- Personal credibility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
To apply for this job, please click the 'Apply' link on Changeboard