Senior People Development Manager
- West Midlands
- £55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car
- Learning & Development
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
Senior People Development Manager
Your new company
My client are an award winning service sector business with over 50,000 global employees and 10,000 heads in the UK. They now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senor L & D Manager to join their team to manage a team of 4, responsible specifically for digital learning and professional development.
Your new role
As Senior People Development Manager you will be responsible for partnering with business management to diagnose People Development needs and design extraordinary solutions, ensuring they have excellent business conversations each day with a view of knowing what skills gaps exist in the business.
You will influence all stakeholder's peoples development strategies, identifying opportunities to add true value to minimise skills gaps and future proof the business. You will promote the work of the wider team, sell the solutions to resolve current and future organisational challenges.
Exceptional project management skills are essential to the success of the role, that keep the customers needs in focus and have a clear return on investment strategy attached, whilst providing change management support for organisational change projects.
You will own the design, delivery and evaluation of select organisational development and leadership development programmes, ensuring our digital strategy is fit for purpose putting us at the forefront of digital changes that work for the business and the employees that will engage with it and be accessible to all.
Ensure the professional development offer has substance, with a tangible return and is designed with the output in mind. Ensure their professional development function can hold a mirror up to the organisation, challenging where necessary.
Ensuring our professional development function acts as behavioural change experts
Wear strategy and execution hats simultaneously - maintaining a big-picture view while getting into the details ensuring a smooth process for all training needs.
What kind of person are we looking for?
● Someone with incredible and impact L+D + OD experience
● Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
● Excels at being an advocate on how to change organisational culture, management development and leadership skills
● Track record in delivering successful OD and digital learning projects
● At least five years experience of developing digital learning initiatives and previous experience of using a wide array of learning enabled technology
● Significant experience of facilitating to large groups in business areas such as Technical, Sales and HR
● Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally
● Strong written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
● Strong coaching/mentoring skills ideally with a coaching qualification.
● Effective planning and project management skills with the ability to set and work to
(personal, team ) deadlines.
● The ability to engage, conduct diagnosis, analyse findings, generate options and build an
● Change management skills.
● Numeracy and ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data.
● Self-motivated, enthusiasm and results-focused.
● Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
● Negotiating, influencing and able to hold people to account.
● Committed to high standards and continuous improvement.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£60,000 plus car or allowance and 22% annual bonus plus excellent flexible benefits and home working flexibility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.