HR Business Partner
An exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner based in Reading
Your new role
- Keep an up to date understanding of employment law and HR best practice and ensure that this is incorporated into business practices.
- Take support and advice from legal resources, as necessary to protect the business.
- Provide expertise in these areas of responsibility; TUPE, performance management, absence management, redundancies, right to work, disciplinaries and grievances.
- Meet regularly with Operations Director and Operations Managers, to understand potential employee relations matters across the business and offer advice to solve problems and prevent escalation.
- Liaise with site line managers and visit sites where necessary to support, advise and solve employee relations cases working towards reasonable, fair and consistent outcomes that support the business.
- Work with the Managing Director and contribute to projects that increase business performance.
- Support and develop the People team.
- Ensure all HR activities meet with and integrate with other support functions e.g. finance, compliance, sales and marketing and follow company values and brand
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for monitoring, measuring and reporting necessary aspects of HR metrics using agreed formats and timescales to achieve business outcomes
- To monitor and provide expertise in Safeguarding practices
- Proactively provide TUPE advice to Sales in the pre- tender, and presentation phases of acquiring new business
- Oversee TUPE process
- Work with Operations and mobilisation managers to ensure that TUPE legal obligations are met, consultations are provided and the integration of employees into the business is completed
- Provide support to the HR administration function ensuring that HR audits are followed through
- Compile employee statistics as needed to assist in business in employee management
- Ad hoc administration as required
Learning & Development
- Working on a one to one to coach line managers to train and develop them in handling HR matters effectively
- Contribute to the design and delivery of training courses to inform and develop people managers in all areas of employment law and HR management.
- Measure the effectiveness of such training and check training outcomes and performance improvement achieved
- To develop and drive a recruitment strategy as appropriate to the Education portfolio and in line with the wider recruitment strategy.
- Assist in senior level recruitment and the interview process as required.
- Develop strong relationships with line managers across the business
- Work effectively with the People team to achieve business objectives.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.