HR Business Partner – (Performance and Engagement)
Purpose of role
The main purpose of the HR BP’s role is to support L&P’s People Strategy through the
- Attraction and Retention of talented and highly skilled individuals
- Recruitment of employees through fair, inclusive & professional selection methods and the provision of induction & career support to give people the best possible start and time with L&P
- Development of personal & professional skills & knowledge ensuring our people can flourish
- Recognition of achievements & provision of structured routes to progress careers
- Reward of our employees fairly, with transparent and appropriate frameworks
- Development of a supportive culture, which is inclusive, fair and positive, where people can lead and are led effectively, where opportunities are open to all, change is well managed, and everyone is valued for their contribution
- Development of Health & Wellbeing initiatives which are actively promoted and managed so that we are a thriving community, positively supporting the communities in which we operate
The HR BP provides a comprehensive, first class HR service to support the business in the UK and overseas to all levels of staff to Heads of level (Level 5) and to assist the Director, HR with support to Directors and Managing Directors. The HR BP provides generalist support for projects and activities across recruitment, L&D, reward, employee relations, engagement, CSR, and organisational development in London and overseas.
This role will work closely in tandem with HR BP Recruitment, Reward & Systems to ensure there are no breaks or gaps in knowledge and service delivery at first line level in the organisation.
This role will have a specialist focus on the following areas
Learning & Development
- Support Director, HR to deliver best in class curated personal growth programme that meets the needs of the organisation.
- Determine training needs from performance reviews and corporate, team and individual objectives and develop, create and deliver an annual training needs plan
- Work with the Director, HR to identify internal topic experts and external providers to select the most appropriate providers.
- Schedule an annual L&P Personal Growth plan, with timetabled development activities
- Work with Country Representatives to create innovative solutions to delivery of core PG plans in market.
- Collate and provide data for MI reporting and evaluate annual training offering through comprehensive course evaluation to ensure programme remains best in class
- Assist the Director, HR to develop and update the personal growth programme to ensure it reflects changing business needs.
- Issue joining instructions for central courses, send diary invites, book rooms and venues, greet trainers and order refreshments as appropriate for all courses.
- Assist with the development of the Health and Wellbeing programme and ensure delivery of all wellbeing programmes.
- Develop and review all templates and surveys used in the development area.
- Maintain and monitor the L&P Induction Programme, supporting and working with managers to ensure effective delivery and collating all data and compliance forms to manage effective delivery of Induction to new starters.
- Deliver the performance management cycle and development planning process to ensure all employees understand what is expected of them.
- Ensure that current and future development needs are identified through this process to build an accurate TNA to drive the personal growth programme.
- Develop & deliver Objective Setting & End of Year all staff briefings.
- Deliver Performance Management training
- Advise managers on performance management issues and guide them through performance improvement plans where required.
- Assist Director, HR in the review, amendment and updating of Performance Review documentation and processes.
- Automate Performance Management process from standalone documents to Hr system with HRBP Recruitment and Systems
Recruitment & Onboarding;
- Assisting the HR BP with advising managers on the appropriate L&P interview process & following an inclusive approach to recruitment and helping to deliver all elements of the recruitment and induction process.
Reward & Benefits
- Advise on pay and benefits issues, consulting as necessary with the Director, HR
- Reviewing and updating benefits and discount schemes to ensure value for money and continued engagement and commitment, annually and as appropriate
- Actively promote employee benefits to potential applicants and new starters
- Provide Payroll back up to HR BP, including the input and preparation of monthly UK, French, German, Indian and Chinese payrolls and twice monthly US & Canadian payrolls when HR BP not available.
Engagement & Culture:
- Support the Director, HR to develop comprehensive Values, Behaviours and competencies for L&P, ensuring they are embedded in the organisation
- Working with the Director, HR and liaising with the Communications Executive, deliver a timetable of HR events and activities across the year, ensuring that these are communicated fully and appropriately
- Co-ordinate staff engagement activities and the social calendar through the year – including L&P fun Fridays, Christmas, Summer Picnic and Halloween events.
- Work with Director, HR to plan and deliver the Staff Conference.
Generalist support will be provided in the following areas
Advice & Guidance:
- Support managers in the application of HR Policies and practices, provide advice and guidance on ER issues to minimise risk to the business, using judgement & sound risk assessment to escalate to Director, HR when appropriate.
- Delivery and case management of ER issues, including performance, grievance, redundancy and termination.
- HR BP Recruitment, Reward & Systems
- Director, HR
- Senior Leadership Team
- Heads of Departments
- Managing Director, Operations & Governance
- Finance team
- Range of external stakeholders and suppliers (including training and payroll providers, consultants and recruitment agencies)
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant previous HR, L&D and recruitment experience in a fast-paced environment (essential)
- Payroll experience
- Managing low level employee relations issues autonomously and knowing when to escalate accordingly
- Previous experience with SMEs or start-ups on an international level is desirable
- Familiarity with international suppliers/service providers
- The ability to work and communicate with a diverse workforce across different time zones and geographies
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to work autonomously as well as working within a larger team
- Demonstrated excellence in systems, e.g. HR systems, SharePoint, budget tracking
- Excellent data handling skills to produce reports using HR system reporting and excel
- Excellent organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise a busy workload effectively and deliver work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, can motivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner.
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance.
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
To apply for this job, please click the 'Apply' link on Changeboard.