HR Business Partner – (Recruitment, Rewards & Systems)
- London & Partners
- £33,762 per annum
- HR Business Partner, Recruitment & Resourcing, Reward
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
Purpose of role
The main purpose of the HR BP’s role is to support L&P’s People Strategy through the
- Attraction and Retention of talented and highly skilled individuals
- Recruitment of employees through fair, inclusive & professional selection methods and the provision of induction & career support to give people the best possible start and time with L&P
- Development of personal & professional skills & knowledge ensuring our people can flourish
- Recognition of achievements & provision of structured routes to progress careers
- Reward of our employees fairly, with transparent and appropriate frameworks
- Development of a supportive culture, which is inclusive, fair and positive, where people can lead and are led effectively, where opportunities are open to all, change is well managedand everyone is valued for their contribution
- Development of Health & Wellbeing initiatives which are actively promoted and managed so that we are a thriving community, positively supporting the communities in which we operate
The HR BP provides a comprehensive, first class HR service to support the business in the UK and overseas to all levels of staff to Heads of level (Level 5) and to assist the Director, HR with support to Directors and Managing Directors. The HR BP provides generalist support for projects and activities across recruitment, L&D, reward, employee relations, engagement, CSR, and organisational development in London and overseas.
This role will work closely in tandem with HR BP Performance & Engagement to ensure there are no breaks or gaps in knowledge and service delivery at first line level in the organisation.
Recruitment & Onboarding;
- the first point of contact for the coaching of recruitment for roles up to Head of level;
- advising managers on the appropriate L&P interview process & following an inclusive approach to recruitment.
- Delivering HRelements of the induction process, ensuring induction programme is on place for all new starters, ensuring that the onboarding process is effective by monitoring feedback via HR reviews, advising managers on end of probation issues and timescales
- Managing recruitment element of HR database, ensuring process flows are user friendly, training all new users in system usage and ensuring process is GDPR compliant
- Tasks include - checking job descriptions and advising on wording & content; assisting with job ad drafting; preparation of authorisation and tracking for Management Committee sign off; reporting for MI; sifting applications where required; advising on appropriate tests, exercises and questions; second stage interviews where required; issuing contracts and onboarding documentation
- Input and preparation of monthly UK, French, German, Indian and Chinese payrolls and twice monthly US & Canadian payrolls.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of payroll as first line check for UK
- Liaison with payroll providers (UK & International)
- Management of annual salary review process with Director, HR
- Advise on pay and benefits issues, consulting as necessary with the Director & HR BP where appropriate.
- Actively promote employee benefits to potential applicants and new starters
Reward & Benefits
- Advise on pay and benefits issues, consulting as necessary with the Director, HR
- Co-ordinate the annual reward process, with the Director, HR including
- Role benchmarking, job evaluation, salary survey
- Advising managers on new role benchmarking and salary
Data Management, Reporting& Budget
- Provision of monthly and quarterly analysis of HR Metrics for review with Director, HR, according to required reporting and data requirements.
- Provide improvement suggestion and insights from data to Director, HR
- Ensuring accurate HR data is input/maintained for the businesses.
- Building, maintaining, delivering and developing quarterly HR metrics, including all data and reporting required for GLA and other external organisations (including gender and ethnicity pay gap)
- Assisting Director, HR with survey design, creation, delivery and evaluation
- Maintaining an accurate salary budget and forecast with Director, HR
- Working with Director, HR to manage Best Companies survey, including data input, management of process, download, evaluation and analysis of results
- Automation of HR Processes and document production via HR and other systems
- Ensure HR systems support manager and employee self-service model
- Key contact point & liaison with HR database providers
- System superuser & company trainer
- Responsible for maintaining the HR Portal to ensure that it is user friendly, accessible and that the content is current.
- Assist Director, HR to ensure all systems and portals support and develop the L&P employer brand
- Main point of contact for international HR systems and portals, ensuring these are fit for purpose and user friendly
- Ensure that all HR portals, systems and sites are L&P branded, dynamic, up to date and relevant to our audiences
Advice & Guidance:
- Support managers in the application of HR Policies and practices, provide advice and guidance on ER issues to minimise risk to the business, using judgement & sound risk assessment to escalate to Director, HR when appropriate.
- Maintenance and update of all templates and policies
- Ensuring HR GDPR compliance
- Delivery and management of ER issues, including performance, grievance, redundancy and termination.
- HR BP Recruitment, Reward & Systems
- Director, HR
- Senior Leadership Team
- Heads of Departments
- Managing Director, Operations & Governance
- Finance team
- Range of external stakeholders and suppliers (including training, systems and payroll providers, reward and benefits consultants and recruitment agencies)
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant previous HR, L&D and recruitment experience in a fast-paced environment (essential)
- Payroll experience
- Managing low level employee relations issues autonomously and knowing when to escalate accordingly
- Previous experience with SMEs or start-ups on an international level is desirable
- Familiarity with international suppliers/service providers
- The ability to work and communicate with a diverse workforce across different time zones and geographies
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to work autonomously as well as working within a larger team
- Demonstrated excellence in systems, e.g. HR systems, SharePoint, budget tracking, surveys
- Excellent data handling skills to produce reports using HR system reporting and excel
- Excellent organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload and attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise a busy workload effectively and deliver work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
Personal style and behaviour
- Effectively contributes creative and innovative solutions to projects and objectives.
- Adopts an agile approach and remains productive in ambiguous and fast changing environments.
- Helps foster collaboration, constructive dialogue and builds trust with peers.
- Adopts a learning mindset, using challenges and opportunities improve team and personal performance.
- Through good self-awareness, is able tomotivate oneself and seeks opportunities to develop to full potential
- Able to maintain successful relationships with internal and external networks that work to mutual benefit
- Able to clearly communicate when engaging with internal & external stakeholders, in confident and articulate manner.
- Successfully delivers project tasks on time and to a high standard, using all available resources.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of project tasks, continuously aiming to improve own performance.
- Has a passion for London.
We are an equal opportunitiesemployer, and are committed to giving people the same opportunities for employment, pay, and promotion, without discrimination against anyone.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' link on Changeboard.