Senior HR Business Partner - 9 month FTC
You’ll also be responsible for increasing engagement, delivering inspiring development programmes and coaching leaders and managers to reach their potential.
We’re Bulb, an independent, technology-led renewable energy company. We are a purpose driven business that has developed a unique operating model to provide the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant start-up community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about building a high performing, diverse and inclusive team and we work hard to lead by example in this.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced business partner with a track record of working with leaders and managers to help a business achieve its strategic goals. We’re reshaping our employee experience at Bulb as well as growing internationally and expanding our team in the UK, so there’s no better time to join our People team.
You’ll be a trusted advisor to our senior leaders, helping them implement change programmes, develop the capability and confidence of their management team, and attract and retain the very best people in their area. Things change fast at Bulb, so you’ll work on all aspects of change management from strategy and design through to implementation and communications.
You’ll be a partner for our managers as they look to get the best performance out of their teams and help their team members grow and develop. You’ll work with them on organisational design, learning and development, and help them make great decisions about their people. You’ll also support them with their own development.
You’ll be a conduit between our senior leaders and the people in their team, keeping your ear to the ground and monitoring our employee feedback channels.
You’ll also closely with other members of the People team to solve company-wide problems and lead change programmes to improve our employee experience. You'll have the opportunity to bring the expertise you’ve developed outside Bulb into the company and train others on what you’ve learned.Requirements
- You have a proven track record of working with senior leaders to contribute to strategic planning and deliver effective change programmes within their teams
- You’re an experienced coach and advisor who can work with managers to unlock the potential of their teams and support their own development
- You’re an experienced interviewer with the ability to spot the best talent and input positively to hiring decisions
- You’re a qualified People professional who is confident in making tricky people decisions and resolving conflict
- You’ve designed and delivered effective learning programmes, both in classrooms and on the job
- You are confident working with data and analytics, and know how to create a business case where you spot an opportunity for change
- You’re exceptionally well organised and can move long-term projects forwards while dealing with immediate priorities
- You’ve worked in a fast-growing company, are comfortable working with ambiguity and see opportunity in change
- You show good judgment in people decisions and would be an ambassador for our values at Bulb
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.