HR Operations Manager
You don’t need to have worked in a People team before but experience working with People systems would be highly valuable.
We’re Bulb, an independent, technology-led renewable energy company. We are a purpose driven business that has developed a unique operating model to provide the lowest cost renewable energy to UK homes and businesses.
Based in the heart of London’s vibrant start-up community, we are also the first and only UK energy supplier to achieve B Corp status. We believe people are ready for an energy company they can feel good about.
Bulb cares deeply about building a high performing, diverse and inclusive team and we work hard to lead by example in this.
About the role
We’re looking for an analytical, structured and driven operations manager to join our People team.
Your first responsibility will be to provide amazing insight from the wealth of People data we hold at Bulb. You will be working with data from our People system, our business KPIs and our customer service platform to generate analysis that will help us make great business decisions.
You will also be responsible for running our People processes, working to a lean methodology and finding efficiencies wherever you can. Through this work you’ll make a positive difference to every one of our (almost) 500 team members.
You’ll own our People system, manage our reward and benchmarking activities, and work with our Finance team to ensure payroll is delivered on time. You’ll partner with our new international teams to help them build the systems and processes they need to grow. And you’ll partner with individual leaders at Bulb to provide them with the data they need to run their teams.
You’ll be responsible for bringing cutting edge innovations into Bulb to ensure our People operations are the best in the business. Through this, you’ll be powering our growth from a disruptive startup to an established global brand.Requirements
- You are analytical and data-literate, with proven ability to generate insightful analysis from People data
- You are confident in both running and updating processes, and can implement continuous improvements without breaking your stride
- You’ve worked with People systems before and understand the value of clean, streamlined People data
- You have strong programme management skills and a track record of delivering effective projects on time
- You’ve developed excellent problem solving skills and understand how to dig to the root cause of issues
- You demonstrate high operational discipline and attention to detail even when moving fast
- You’re confident working with senior leaders, both in understanding their requirements and presenting your findings
- You show good judgment in working with People data and would be an ambassador for our values at Bulb
- Ideally you’ll have worked with reward data and led benchmarking projects
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.