My client is an international company who is looking for their Europe General Manager in Netherlands, who will leading the Netherlands business in the UK and European Division.
You will contribute to the leadership of the business unit and provide direction to a country in line with the business unit's vision, goals and strategies. Create and implement a country strategy for high growth and margin improvement where interoperability is crucial to future success. Deliver on our commitments to provide high quality services that create sustainable value for our customers, employees and shareholders.
Fluent in English and Dutch is mandatory.
Role has full GM responsibilities including finance, payroll, HR and HSE for country (support provided by functional specialist at European level.
You will be reporting directly to the European Managing Director and this role is also responsible for leading both new contract growth and organic in-account growth of the contracts. In addition, the role must work closely with the central BD/bidding team to leverage resource effectively to ensure bids in this business stream are resourced appropriately.
A Place People are Proud to Work:
* To provide leadership to the country team such that all employees are fully engaged with and adopt business strategy/plans and values so that the plans are successfully delivered, and our people behave internally and in the communities in which we operate in accordance with the Governing Principles.
* To recruit, professionally manage and develop outstanding managers and other team members.
* To ensure that the contracts are optimally structured, managed and populated including leveraging shared service facilities as appropriate.
* To ensure the economies of scale and best practice from across the European business are made available to the contracts.
* To lead the development of a talent management plan to ensure that a pipeline of outstanding managers and skilled staff are recruited, professionally managed and developed, such that robust succession plans are enabled.
* Implement appropriate policies, practices, equipment and working conditions to ensure that the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees is actively managed and ensure that Corporate Responsibility is effectively delivered.
* Understand, own and be a passionate and proactive role model for our Governing Principles and ensure that they are fully embedded throughout the business stream.
Winning Good Business:
* To contribute as a member of the business unit's senior management team in the formation of the businesses strategies and plans.
* To put in place robust strategies and plans for the business stream, aligned to Serco Group and divisional strategies, that will deliver the objectives of the divisions and Business Unit.
* To lead and engage in the development of a network of senior relationships with customers, potential customers, partners and stakeholders in order to anticipate and meet customer's existing and future needs and enhance Serco's reputation.
* Develop innovative products and services that can be integrated with others from across the business to meet the needs of our chosen and emerging markets.
* To ensure a business development strategy is in place and deliver the growth aspirations of the contracts in line with the commitment to the Business Unit and divisional targets.
* To ensure services are formulated to meet the needs of all current and future aspects of the contract requirements.
* Work with other countries to identify and deliver cross-selling opportunities that benefit Serco as a whole.
- Well-developed knowledge across all business functions (e.g. finance, business development, HR and communications).
- Outstanding knowledge and experience of leading businesses with significant technological, cyber and/or space capability requirements
- Good demonstrable skills in transformational leadership with a track record of delivering change in complex and demanding environments.
- Good leadership qualities with evidence of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers and key business stakeholders.
- Impactful, articulate, strong relationship builder with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to assimilate information quickly, and communicate key messages simply and effectively to the business to aid decision making.
- Sound strategic thinker with the ability to operate with a hands-on, pragmatic approach when required
- Strongly values led individual with excellent judgement and decision making skills.
- Self-aware yet highly resilient individual capable of challenging and being challenged.
- Commercially astute and financially aware with proven strategy development and execution capability
- Experience and good understanding of space sector in Europe, would be an advantage.
- Experience and good understanding of European Institutions would be an advantage.
- Experience of "manpower substitution" contracts would be an advantage (and in addition experience of turning such contracts into output/outcome service contracts).
- Experience of developing positive relationships with senior stakeholders in Government, EU institutions and government agencies.
- Experience of leading and motivating teams.
- Experience of managing and improving the financial performance of the business
- Experience of proactively engaging customers to improve relationships for the long-term and continue to drive value.
- Strong track record of developing effective collaborations and partnerships, and building consensus in cross-cultural and cross-functional environments.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please send an email with your CV and explaining why would be a good fit for this role to: email@example.com
Alejandro Agustin Cano