Your new company
They are a global enterprise focused on innovating propulsion systems and aftermarket solutions so that passenger cars and commercial vehicles drive cleaner, better and further. As a leading-edge Tier 1 supplier, their portfolio of power train and aftermarket technologies are engineered to tackle the toughest challenges with no compromises.
Your new role
Support the delivery of the people agenda on site to support the current and future business needs through the development, engagement and motivation of colleagues, including monitoring and communicating on employee morale and engagement.
- Business partnering with particular business units: supporting them through HR initiative and strategy
- Utilisation of management information and other sources of information to pro-actively provide accurate, up to date business intelligence that informs functional and business actions
- Experience in leading on recruitment, succession planning, complex ER cases, restructuring and other business-enhancing HR initiatives
- Providing both strategic and tactical advice and guidance to managers to enable meeting overall business objectives
- Drive leadership development and talent management initiatives
- Working under your own autonomy for much of the day, this role will appeal to a candidate who demonstrates accountability and thrives on 'getting things done'
- Work with the wider People Function to continually seek to review and improve the service provided by the People Team to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and that business improvements are evident
- Provide resourcing advice, tools and support for managers and employees on resourcing policy and procedures (to include coaching and training managers on all areas of resourcing to ensure best in class selection processes, legal compliance and a great candidate experience
- Driver resourcing activities and grow/manage the internal succession and external talent bank to achieve headcount plan and contribute to the development of the recruitment process
- Lead on Delphi Technologies employer brand, using the most appropriate, innovative and cost effective means of attracting and selecting talent
- Support the on-boarding and induction process up to the point of handover and post joining evaluation to the HR team.
- Be a role model for 5s practices.
- Supports the maintenance of data/ reviewing and ensuring understanding of metrics and taking appropriate action for the achievement of these
- Utilises the EOS within their respective functions for compliance with agreed quality standards and achievement of agreed metrics
- Supports the communicating to the organisation the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements
- Proactively supporting their respective teams to ensure quality objectives are met
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience with manufacturing and ideally automotive environment
- Exposed to a wide range of HR and legislative matters
- Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Experience of managing a HR team within a unionised environment
- Good understanding of Total Quality and the principles of lean enterprise
- A 'can do' attitude
- Credibility necessary to relate to employees at all levels
- Understand the importance of teamwork
- The ability to act with integrity and confidentiality
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.