- Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
- Flexible and be able to travel regularly UK wide
- £Competitive including excellent benefits package
- HR Director, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body created to clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively with care for people and the environment.
With a budget of over £3 billion, the work to clean up the UK’s nuclear legacy is the largest, most important environmental restoration project in Europe.
The NDA is undergoing a change in the way it is organised. The creation of ‘One NDA’ will transform how the NDA manages its businesses – working together to find more effective and efficient approaches to nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the UK tax payer.
The Head of Governance and Strategy will lead governance and reporting for HR activities across strategy, policy, standards and programmes ensuring coordination, prioritisation and accurate MI for use by the Senior HR Leadership Team.
- Provide programme management capacity and capability to the HR Function, overseeing and reporting on the progress of functional programmes and initiatives across the NDA Group and the Corporate Centre.
- Provide expert advice to support Group business decision making.
- Oversee governance and provide master coordination to all HR governance activities in order to report to senior stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Owning ‘the plan’ ensuring timely completion of milestones and deliverables, holding individuals / teams to account
- Insightful reporting against delivery of the key programmes across HR to support management decision making.
- Reporting into senior level governance forums (internal and external).
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders including UK Government, site licensed companies / subsidiaries, risk and assurance teams building credibility through accurate and timely reporting.
You will be an experienced HR professional with strong project and a programme management background. Key knowledge, skills and experience required will include:
- Detailed knowledge of the employee lifecycle
- Experience of managing large programmes.
- Strong influencer of stakeholders with experience of managing relationships at senior level in a large complex matrix organisation environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative way across multiple stakeholders and to take accountability for owning the overarching HR plan
This is a very exciting time for the NDA. If you would like to play a valuable part in the future of the organisation and help shape the positive lasting legacy we are creating, we would very much like to hear from you.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and so if you’re a suitably qualified applicant we’ll welcome your application whatever your gender, race, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
To confidentially discuss the role, please contact Laurence Wolahan of Hays Executive 07764 902 591
Or, to apply directly click on the Apply button
Closing date: Midnight on 29th September
Please note: The above dates may be subject to change