Senior HR Advisor Chelmsford £38/40K
Your new company
A global organisation with a large HR function are looking to recruit a Senior HR Advisor to be based in Chelmsford.
Your new role
Your role will be to support the business with advice and guidance, providing expert HR advice, coaching and mentoring line managers and improve manager confident. Support with ER, disciplinaries, performance management, sickness and grievances, advising on policies, legislation and risk, escalate any serious cases.
- Support the business by developing effective working relationships through the provision of timely advice and guidance
- Provide expert HR advice to deliver the best outcome by influencing and challenging managers
- Provide coaching and mentoring to line managers to improve manager confidence and people management capability and enable them to self-serve
- Responsibility for providing HR support for employee relations case work including disciplinary, grievance, performance and sickness cases
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on relevant policies, procedures, legislation and risk
- Apply mediation, where appropriate, to attempt to resolve issues
- Escalate complex or high-risk cases to the Senior HR Business Partner
- Keep Senior HR Business Partner informed of all cases
- Participate monthly case review sessions and share successes and lessons learned
- Ensure cases, including their outcomes, are recorded on appropriate trackers
- Accountable for issuing all documentation as required
Restructuring and Office Closures or Re-locations
- Execute all restructuring, office closures and relocation programmes
- Support the Senior HR Business Partner to provide all required documentation to inform the scope and business case
- Responsibility for providing HR support for the restructuring process
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partner to understand the scope and organisational design
- Ensure relevant approvals are in place and the business case is agreed and documented
- Support the business with the consultation process, including supporting at consultation meetings, preparing guidance for managers, supporting colleagues and responding to queries, accountable for the provision of all relevant documentation
- Escalate issues to the Senior HR Business Partner as appropriate
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partner to support employees to explore potential alternative employment
- Accountable for all terminations processed accurately and on time
Acquisitions and Disposals
- Work closely with the Senior HR Business Partner to understand the scope of the acquisition, the approach, and the timescales
- Post-acquisition integration support, including supporting consultation meetings, induction presentations etc.
- Coordinate acquisition/disposal due diligence data
- Depending on the size and nature of the acquisition, lead and support the HR consultation process working closely with the Senior HR Business Partner
- Oversee the preparation of contracts and review prior to them being issued for acquisitions
- Check data is uploaded correctly into the HR system and resolve any issues
- Respond to queries from those in scope of the transfer
- Accountable for ensuring HR records are transferred and uploaded into digitised files in a timely manner for acquisitions
- Accountable for ensuring background checks and Right to Work checks are conducted and filed where required for acquisitions
What you'll need to succeed
You will be CIPD qualified or equivalent with demonstrable experience at a senior level within a large / international organisation. Significant experience of providing advice and support in a fast moving, complex environment. You will have the ability to take a commercial, risk based and pragmatic approach in line with company policies and build strong relationships with stakeholders. Its essential that you have excellent employment law knowledge, HR policy and best practice. Travel is required on occasions.
What you'll get in return
Contributory pension scheme, health cash plan, Life Insurance, Income protection,
Childcare vouchers, Critical Illness, Cycle to work scheme, Dental insurance, Health assessment, Travel insurance, Virtual GP service, Colleague assistance programme, Corporate gym membership, Discounts, Employee stock plan, Eye care, Season ticket loan, Well being zone.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.