HR Business Partner with flexible working
Our client, a commercial engineering organisation based in Farnborough are seeking to recruit a HR Generalist to join their team on a permanent basis to start asap
Hours of work:
The Company currently operates a variable working hours scheme for office staff, so you will have the option of starting and finishing between the hours outlined below, provided the basic hours each day are completed:
37.5 hours per week:
8 hours Monday to Thursday
5.5 hours Friday
Starting times are between 7.30am and 9.00am Monday to Friday.
Finishing times are between 4.00pm and 6.00pm Monday to Thursday and 1.00pm and 3.30pm on Fridays.
It is essential that candidates interested in applying for this role have some commercial experience gained within one of the following industries; engineering, Aerospace, Marine, or Energy.
Working within a team of 3, supporting 250 employees this position is responsible for providing experienced and comprehensive HR support for the organisation, working under in close collaboration with the HR Manager and HR Team members, to actively drive programs and processes in the areas of employee relations, performance development, recruitment, training & organisational development, workers compensation and compliance of all employment laws.
Flexibility to travel to other UK sites in the South of England on an as needs basis may be required
In this role you will:
- Foster a climate of strong HR Business Partner relationships with all managers and supervisors.
- Deputise in the absence of the HR Manager
- Assist in the implementation of policy/procedures and compliance with all standards, programs, systems and policies/procedures.
- Respond to Managers needs to address performance concerns and interpersonal conflicts.
- Participate in a variety of projects related to HR function including compensation, leadership development, employee engagement, etc.
- Responsibility for recruitment and actively sources candidates.
- Manage employee disciplinary matters referring any serious issues to be dealt with by the HR Manager
- Coordinate various HR programs and delivery to.
- Support the HR Manager as needed for business council meetings
- Assist with special projects and other assignments as needed.
- Be prepared to undertake some elements of HR admin as required e.g. ad hoc reporting, data entry of new hires and changes.
- Prepare/Maintain accurate records for a variety of audits
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and utmost confidentiality.
Qualifications & specialist training required:
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business or related field. Previous proven HR experience with a solid background in several HR functions e.g., recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, HRIS, org development, training and development, legal compliance, etc.
- CIPD qualified with Solid HR Generalist background
- Strong consulting & coaching skills; effective advisor to managers and employees.
- Effective working with high degree of individual autonomy in a very diverse open working environment.
- Reliable source of good ideas, programs, and other solutions that strengthen the people and organizational aspects of the business
- HR professional certification preferred.
- Commercial experience gained within one of the following industries; engineering, Aerospace, Marine, or Energy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.