Snr HRBP - Financial Services
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £90000 - £100000 per annum
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A small and growing Financial Services business have a new opportunity for a Senior HRBP to join their team. This will be a mixed role involving strategic HR, top level stakeholder management and people strategy as well as hands on HR, process improvements, system implementation and also BAU.
The Snr HRBP will report into a HRD and will directly line manage a more Junior HRBP as well as a HR Advisor. For these two individuals the successful candidate will guide, mentor, develop and assign work accordingly.
The role would suit a Senior HRBP that has experienced working in a best practice environment within a large bank and that has already made the transition into a smaller business but is now looking for a new challenge and a role to call their own. Financial Services experience is essential for this unique role.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to managers and staff on HR matters, supporting managers in dealing with potentially complex employee relations, performance management and other employment issues.
- Working with the Head of HR and the Executive Committee in the design and implementation of a people strategy to drive employee engagement and the company culture and values.
- Designing and delivering intervention to embed the Bank's culture and values across all areas of the employee lifecycle.
- Data analysis and preparation of reports as required to support and drive the HR strategy. This would include, but not be limited to, operational reporting to CORC and other committees as required.
- Overseeing the implementation and continuous improvement of the HR System and related operational processes.
- Driving an environment of continuous improvement in the efficiency of the HR function and associated processes and controls - including ownership of the HR SOP Manual and ensuring adherence to all requirements of the SMCR.
- Oversight of the relationship with third party suppliers of payroll and benefits administration and ensuring accurate and timely production of the monthly payroll.
- Project management of key initiatives as required to drive both operational delivery (e.g. annual pay review, bonus process, appraisal process) and the people strategy (employee engagement initiatives, development initiatives).
- Coaching and development through effective line management of the team of HR BP and HR Advisors.
- Management of essential day to day HR delivery including case management
- Act as a trusted advisor to business heads, identifying and driving strategic and impactful initiatives that drive up employee engagement, foster talent development and retention and drive improved business results
- Solid/senior experience as an HR Business Partner in a fast-moving financial services environment
- Ideally candidates that have already experienced best practice in a large bank and have gone on to experience HR in a smaller FS business
- On point and up to date understanding with current trends within Financial Services - SMCR, GDPR etc
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, with the ability to present compellingly to senior stakeholders
- Strong IT, Excel and system reporting skills - numerate and analytical
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, prioritising work and managing deadlines
- Understanding HR legislation and processes
- Judgement and the ability to effectively manage the balance between HR as a control function and a business enabler
- Commercial and pragmatic