- Oakleaf Partnership
- Birmingham, West Midlands
- £20000 - £23000 per annum
- Not for profit / Charity
- Contract type
Payroll Officer/ Administrator - Birmingham
£20,000 - £23,000
12 Month FTC
Oakleaf Partnership are delighted to be working with a large people focused organisation based in Birmingham, who are looking to expand their payroll team. Working in a small team in a very supportive environment you will be given the opportunity to expand on your payroll knowledge. Working within tight deadlines you will be responsible for ensuring the payroll for around 1000 employees is processed correctly and on time. You will have a broad remit in this role looking after data entry, employee benefits and first line queries.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the workforce of 1000 employees are paid correctly and on time
- Manage the monthly payroll and take responsibility for the checking progress
- Inputting data into the payroll system, managing any changes
- Act as the organisation's payroll expert, establishing yourself at the 'go - to' for all thing's payroll, providing advice and guidance
- Conducting regular audits on the system
- Manage the benefits schemes working closely with third party providers to ensure value for money
- Promote benefits schemes to the wider employee network
- Manage some general MI reporting on absence management
- Manage the people teams' budget
- Work on several key projects
- Previous experience in a fast-paced administrative role within an end to end Payroll function
- Experience using various payroll systems
- Have a passion to pursue a career in payroll
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to liaise with all levels of internal colleagues within the business and be confident doing so
Please note this role is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months and we are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible.
The process will involve a face to face screening interview with Oakleaf Partnership, followed by a face to face interview with the client on one of the following dates: Tuesday 27th August, Wednesday 28th August, Thursday 29th August or Thursday 5th September.
Please only apply if you have the required skill set and are able to attend the face to face interviews with the client on the dates highlighted above.