HR & OD Team Leader
- Dacorum Borough Council
- Hemel Hempstead
- Change Management, HR Systems & Data Analytics, Organisational Development
- Contract type
- Opportunity to drive change and delivery of a high performing HR service
- Be part of a progressive and ambitious Local Authority
About Our Client
Dacorum Borough Council is an innovative, ambitious and forward thinking Council. As the HR and OD Team Leader, you will help drive and deliver on these ambitions by leading the delivery plan of the people strategy, ensuring that projects are managed and implemented within timescale and budget in a challenging and varied role.
The Human Resources (HR) and Organisational Development (OD) Team Leader will be required to oversee:
- HR and OD Team in providing an effective Human Resources and OD service at all levels.
- To manage the delivery plan of the people, strategy and the development post 2020
- Implementation and project management of new HR system
- To manage the HR and OD budget.
- To deputise for the Group Manager (People and Communities) on all strategic HR and OD matters.
- Provide effective leadership, support and motivation to the HR and OD team.
- Lead on all employee relations matters
- To lead the Council's corporate training and development function, advising the Council's leadership team and managers on all aspects of training and development
- To develop and deliver corporate organisational development strategies, to meet the Council's priorities and individual needs.
Performance and Policy Development
- Lead on all employee relations matters and assist/advise managers in consultations/negotiations with staff and Trade Unions where necessary.
- To contribute to the development, review and implementation of corporate HR and OD policies in line with current employment legislation and good practice
- Keep up to date with legislative and policy changes; and best practice, relating to HR and OD to ensure that this is fed into service delivery.
- Support the Group Manager (People and Communities) in achieving the required key performance targets for the service.
- Promote genuine equality and diversity in all aspects of staff management and service delivery.
- To ensure the Council's approach to performance management is effective and adds value
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Evidence of continuous professional and/or personal development in the fields of HR, people development and organisational change skills
- Experience within a Local Authority setting would be advantageous
Key Behaviours and Comptencies:
- Seeing the bigger picture
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to provide effective employee relations advice guidance & support across the Council
- Able to support managers in planning workforce change
- Able to identify and implement 'good practice'
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver projects
- Ability to streamline processes and use technology to increase effectiveness and deliver efficiencies.
- Committed to equality and diversity
- Excellent understanding of Human Resources and Organisational Development issues at a local and national level
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of employment law issues
- Project management skills
- Proficient IT skills in Microsoft word and excel
- Recent experience of supporting and implementing change
- Recent experience of writing HR policies and procedures
- Recent experience of advising on HR implications in relation to TUPE
- Recent proven experience of managing a HR Service covering a full range of HR activities e.g. transactional HR, employee relations etc.
- Recent proven track record of delivering projects at a corporate level.
What's on Offer
- £45,000 - £49,000
- HR and OD Team Leader
- Local Government Pensions Scheme (LGPS)
- Competitive benefits and lifetsyle package
- HR and OD Team Leader, Local Government, Hemel Hempstead, Public Sector and Government
***Interviews w.c 23 September
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.