Your new company
Exceptional HR Manager opportunity for our Farnborough based client with flexible working options, up to £60,000 plus bonus.
Your new role
HR Manager, UK & EMEA. This position is based in Farnborough and reports to the Vice President of UK and the HR Director, Global Operations
Purpose of the Role
To partner and support the leadership and management teams working as the go-to person for all employee related issues. Managing activities including training, development and talent management, employee relations, performance management and recruitment. This is a stand-alone HR Manager role responsible initially for 100 staff in the UK and some within EMEA.
Key Responsibilities - UK
- Business partner managers and support employees on HR related matters, including HR policies and procedures, employee wellbeing and personal development.
- Provide HR leadership in areas such as performance management, absence management and employee relations.
- Drive the on-boarding for all new starters, including the induction programme.
- Provide advice and support with the recruitment process
- Partner with and be an active member of the global HR team.
- Drive and deliver HR excellence by developing and implementing people plans in line with the HR strategy and site business needs.
- Lead or participate in HR related
- Deliver the engagement strategy focussing on areas such as engagement surveys and internal communication.
- Support change management processes.
- Develop and embed a high-performance culture, including the Leadership Academy.
- Co-ordination of the bonus schemes.
- Manage investigations and employee relations casework, including dispute resolution, disciplinary, grievances, short and long-term sickness, appeals, restructuring/redundancies, absence management, TUPE and performance management.
- Coordinate and drive the UK Leadership Academy.
Additional Responsibilities - EMEA
- Support local HR Managers coordinating projects
- Ensure the deployment of the company's HR policies and programs within region, including compensation programs (merit review, bonus, sales incentive plans), Performance Appraisal process, Talent management.
- Make recommendations for improvement on HR matters.
- Implement the recruitment and selection plan.
- Coordinate mobility.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development.
- Identify critical skills within the organisation and implement development and retention actions
- Promote the company culture and values.
What you'll need to succeed
- CIPD qualification (at least Level 5)
- Substantial HR generalist experience.
- Experience in a stand-alone role (essential).
- Multi-site experience (essential).
- International experience with a basic understanding of local rules and regulations (essential).
- Ability to travel, as and when required to suit the needs of the business (approximately 25%).
- Results focused and committed to achieving targets.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Experience working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent knowledge of HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of current UK employment law and an awareness of HR best practice.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Experience of coaching managers on HR issues.
- Experience of HRIS.
What you'll get in return
- Salary up to £60,000
- Management bonus of 10%
- Non-contributory private healthcare scheme that includes pre-existing conditions, eligible after 6 months
- Company pensions scheme with a 5% employer contribution and a minimum 3% employee contribution
- 20 days holiday (increasing with service) plus 3 complimentary days for the Christmas shutdown plus public holidays
- Full company sick pay
- Death in service scheme
- Working hours; Working hours are fairly flexible. Start between 08.00-09.30 and, with a 30 minute lunch break you can leave between 16.15-17.45 or if taking a 1 hour lunch break you can leave between 16.30-18.00 Monday to Thursday and from 15.00 on Fridays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.