- Johnson Matthey
- Royston and Cambridge – Time split between both
- Competitive plus excellent benefits package
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist, HR Officer
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Contract type
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Adviser supporting the Life Science Technologies (LST) business based in Royston & Cambridge. Acting as the first point of contact for HR enquiries the HR Adviser will be responsible for providing a comprehensive HR service to LST managers and employees based at Royston and Cambridge, as well as across Europe.
Reporting into the Global HR Business Partner, they will support the implementation of HR initiatives, and people/resourcing plans and organisational structures, as well supporting employee relations, talent & performance management planning, and employee engagement.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the business; • Build relationships with managers at all levels and develop a good understanding of their work • Providing HR professional support to managers in implementing the disciplinary, grievance, health capability and flexible working processes; supporting managers at hearings and providing required documentation and letters.
• Take the lead on a variety of key HR projects.
• Supporting managers in resource planning and recruitment related activities in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team.
• Build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice.
• Ensuring that HR initiatives across the employee life cycle are supported and deployed on an annual basis, i.e. objective setting, performance reviews, annual salary review and bonus processes, development planning, career progression and talent management, exit interviews and off-boarding. This will include coordinating reporting of these process for the global LST business • Contribute towards improving HR processes and service and work on projects as required • Supports L&D requirements linked to organisational needs.
• Supporting the role classification and grading process within the JM career framework, updating organisation charts and maintaining accurate records.
• Support appropriate engagement and communication initiatives, i.e. employee survey initiatives.
• Deliver relevant HR related training to managers and staff e.g. interviewing skills, conducting performance reviews, induction etc.
You will be expected to work part of the week at Royston and part of the week at the Cambridge Science Park site.
Are you the ideal candidate?
• Be CIPD qualified or equivalent level within a HR field
• Previous HR Adviser experience cover all areas of HR
• Knowledge of UK employment law and experience dealing with complex employment relations issues
• Good administrative and project coordination skills
• Proven ability to collaborate, persuade and influence change at different levels within an organisation
• Be an excellent communicator with the ability to build effective relationships