Training Manager (Academy Manager)
- Portsmouth, Hampshire
- £35000.00 - £46000.00 per annum
- Training & Development
- Job Level
- Private Sector
- Contract type
An influential Training Manager to join a successful, independent retail business in Portsmouth.
Your new company
My client are an established independent business owned by their members. Based in Portsmouth, the company are proud to operate more than 250 sites across many counties in southern England, for over 140 years.
The business purpose goes beyond simply making high profits. Their values and principles support sustainable business practice and they are committed to making a difference in their local communities.
Your new role
As the Training Manager (Academy Manager) you will report to the Head of Resourcing & Talent Acquisition, with 6 Direct Reports (Apprenticeship and Learning Advisors). This is a strategic training role, supported by the Advisors to carry out the training programme to all levels of the business.
Purpose of the role:
Develop and embed a learning and development strategy, the Academy, which provides a recognised and cohesive development agenda for all colleagues at all stages of the employment relationship from recruitment and induction to leadership development and career transition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development & design of Academy interventions; ensure solutions are created to a high standard and support a blended approach to engage colleagues at all levels.
- Employ and embed a comprehensive range of processes and practices to accurately identify organisation training and development needs in the short and longer term that support delivery of the business.
- Develop and manage Academy Talent programmes; personally lead and facilitate interventions; identify and engage external providers/specialists as necessary.
Working hours: Monday-Friday, 39 hours/week. This role is primarily based in Portsmouth, but may require occasional travel, so a Full UK Driving Licence is essential (mileage can be claimed).
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with the ability to coach and influence people at all levels.
You must have demonstrable experience of successfully designing/developing training and/or using a variety of learning and delivery approaches in order to ensure the most appropriate and effective solutions. You must also understand learning theories, concepts and principles and be skilled in research, consultation and analysis of information from multiple sources to identify clear, appropriate learning outcomes.
The ideal person will hold a relevant training qualification with experience of the following:
- Understand relevant psychometrics such as Insights, MBTI, SDI etc
- Involvement in organisation wide change projects
- Experience of working in a retail multi-site organisation
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity for a strategic Training Manager (Academy Manager) to join a successful business and lead a talented team in Portsmouth.
You will receive a salary of £38,000-£46,000 (DOE), 26 days holiday + BH's, sick pay, private medical insurance and group life assurance (4 x salary).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.