Senior HR Business Partner, Consulting (fixed-term)
- Change Management, HR Business Partner, Recruitment & Resourcing, Talent Management
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
• Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
• Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
• Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
• Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
• Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
• Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
• Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
• Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
• Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
• Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
• Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
• Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
• Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
• Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
• Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
• Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
• Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
• Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
• Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
• Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
• Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
• Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
• Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
• Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
• MI, e.g., Attrition.
• Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
• Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
• Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
• Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
• Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
• Quality and timeliness of advice.
• Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
• Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
• Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
• Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
• Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
• Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
• Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
• Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
• Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
• Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
• Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
• Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
• Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
• Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
• Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint).
• Performance Group Leader.
• Partners in Performance Group.
• Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
• People Partner.
• Performance Leaders (PL).
• This role reports to the HR Lead.