Global Diversity & Inclusion Specialist
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £80000 per annum
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A global Financial Services provider is now looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Global Diversity and Inclusion Specialist. The role will form part or a collaborative global team of three and will report directly into the Global Head of D&I.
The D&I strategy and plan is in its infancy stage with this organisation which provides huge opportunity for the successful candidate to come in with fresh ideas and ways of working and contribute to the global D&I strategy and programmes.
This will be a very broad and diverse role and will allow the role holder a good amount of autonomy but will also provide an excellent platform and opportunity to demonstrate their skills and experience on a global scale.
We are looking for candidates that have worked in global D&I roles before and understands the geographical and cultural difference that this role would expect. Candidates will need to come from large, international businesses and understand complex reporting structures with multiple internal stakeholders.
- The Specialist is responsible for supporting the successful implementation of the business wide Diversity and Inclusion strategy under the direction of the Global Head of D&I.
- Ensure that D&I activities aligns with business objectives and drives team performance and risk management at all levels.
- Drive awareness of D&I and its value and coordinate across the business focusing on supporting key stakeholders.
- Develop D&I programs and tools for the Group and respective business areas
- Project management, leading on the development and implementation of key projects within key target areas
- Partner with the Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion and Centres of Excellence to coordinate D&I. processes and initiatives.
- Engaging, advising, coaching and influencing key stakeholders to build capability to deliver on the D&I strategy.
- Partner with key stakeholders on the design and delivery of any tailored D&I training.
- Evaluate and integrate concepts of D&I and bias into policies, processes and learning.
- Work closely with Employee Value Proposition to ensure careful management of the Group's external image on D&I.
- Develop standardised governance and managed reporting process for the various business areas to track and report progress against D&I plans and alignment to D&I strategy.
- Design and implement specialised D&I programs including maternity coaching, sponsorship, mentoring and other relevant specialised D&I programs.
- Develop and advise Employee Resource Groups across the regions
- Manage global D&I benchmarking
- Collate, analyse, and use diversity metrics to measure D&I initiatives and engage the business.
- Monitor and keep up to date with the latest developments in D&I research and thinking.
- Representing where appropriate the Group on external forums and working groups.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Work with the business to help deliver the Global D&I strategy and key priorities.
- Awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct.
- University degree in Human Resources or related field
- Proven experience in D&I in a large, international corporate business
- Highly developed understanding of geographical and cultural differences and how it impacts the subject matter topics of the area
- Excellent project management experience
- Role requires credibility as an expert with senior stakeholders both internal and external
- Understanding of D&I in specific markets desirable, especially Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong collaboration and consulting skills
- Proven experience delivering innovation in a complex organisation