Shared Services HR Advisor
An exciting job opportunity for a HR Shared Service Advisor based in Reading, Berkshire
Your new role
- First line support for HR advice following maternity, paternity, unauthorised absence, probationary and sickness absence management policies and procedures
- Deal with telephone, email and postal queries within 24 hours
- Log all calls and email communication on a daily basis
- Oversee the DBS administration and general HR administration managed by the HR Administrator. Ensure there is follow up by the HR Administrator on all other associated new starter paperwork including DBS applications, proof of right to work, references, personnel file set up, etc.
- Assist in preparation and sending of letters regarding safeguarding, disciplinary, grievance and redundancy consultation meetings and outcomes with HR Business Partner support in a timely manner
- Respond to reference, mortgage and rental information requests within 72 hours
- Manage maternity administration and liaise with payroll regarding maternity leave payments
- Prepare offer letters and contract of employment for all new management level employees consistent with role entitlement.
- Manage the administration of the attendance bonus scheme
- Ensure compliance of safeguarding and safer recruitment procedures at all times
- Prepare 'change of details' administration and letters for management level employees and associated paperwork including salary, bonus, promotion letters and general correspondence in line with role entitlement
- Administration of the long/short-term sickness datasheets with the HR Business Partner, arranging occupational health appointments and providing referral documents to the HR Business Partner when reports are received to discuss the way forward.
- Support HR Business Partner with TUPE administration; create source datasheet, ensure all correspondence is sent to employees, Operations and payroll and is prepared to the highest standard and in a timely manner
- Ensure any relevant monthly HR recharges are submitted to Accounts within specific timeframes
- Calculate redundancy payments as required
- Ensure HR cupboards are tidy and maintained and all relevant literature, booklets, etc. are in sufficient stock
- Undertake small projects as requested by the Head of HR in relation to creating more efficiencies in the HR Support team and general HR administration
- Ensure all Support Office personnel files are up to date and filing is carried out regularly; ensuring all personal data is correctly filed and stored; close, store and archive leavers' files as per guidelines
- Ensure appropriate security for all HR or employee related data, with strict observance of departmental confidentiality and data protection
- Liaise with Payroll Department regarding payroll issues if necessary
What you'll need to do to succeed
- Comply with all HR led policies and procedures at all times
- Continuously self-develop and actively seek further development through the Regional HR Managers
- Be a proactive team member and assist in times of change/pressure with additional duties or ad hoc projects as such may be required
- To carry out any other reasonable task requested and take an active part in meetings, training and promotions of the company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.