Working across multi-disciplined business areas, you will be responsible for overseeing 2 senior ER Specialist, as well as other ER Specialists within the South Region, partnering with the Regional Directors, providing specialist and technical advice.
A leading business services organisation based in London.
- Work across all Veolia UK business streams to ensure first-class Employee Relations advice and support is delivered to the business.
- Coach, develop and empower a team of Employee Relations Specialists in all aspects of the ER cycle to deliver Employee Relations excellence in every way.
- Identify and develop (in conjunction with the ER Specialists) a list of ER KPI's to measure, analyse and report on to the Area Head of ER and Regional Directors.
- Build credible and lasting relationships with Senior Managers and will support the Area Head of ER in Regional meetings.
- Shape and influence the ER Specialist and Senior Leadership teams in transforming a reactive ER climate into a culture of collaboration and proactive Employee Relations.
- Have responsibility for being the escalation on all Trade Union related matters (Pay Negotiations, Trade Disputes and Industrial Relations Management).
- Support on complex disciplinary and grievance issues and litigation strategy, relating to tribunal claims in conjunction with Area Head of ER and ER Policy & Development Manager.
- Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification. Chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist or ER role within an unionised and regulated environment.
- Previous experience of leading a team.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
£70,000 - £80,000 plus benefits