As HR Advisor, this role will provide an advisory service to all customers across the business and host organisations on a range of people matters, enabling the business to achieve its strategy through its people.
Well known business.
1. Providing an excellent and proactive HR advisory service to managers within the organisation and Hosted Organisations. This will involve coaching and supporting managers to be confident in HR practice by offering effective HR advice and enabling them to manage employee relation issues.
2. Advising on the practical application of HR policies and procedures, including recruitment and selection, discipline, grievance and absence management. In addition, the HR Advisor will support the HR Manager in continually reviewing HR policies, ensuring these are legally compliant and fit for business needs.
3. Working collaboratively with Senior HR Business Partners, advise on highly complex employment matters which can include TUPE, disciplinary, grievance, performance management, sickness absence and organisational change
4. Applying HR knowledge to business challenges, building commercial acumen to proactively support leaders in the delivery of the organisation strategy and the people elements within this.
5. Research, develop and update new and existing HR policies and procedures in line with best practice and relevant employment legislation, ensuring fit for business purposes.
6. Working with the Senior HR Business Partners, develop leader knowledge and capability through coaching and influencing to enable continual business improvement through key initiatives. Such initiatives include (but not exhaustive) performance, talent management and succession planning, engagement and workforce planning.
7. Continually developing your professional knowledge and skills by keeping up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly. This will include keeping up to date on highly complex employment legislation and organisations developments (including terms and conditions), providing advice and interpretation on the implications of such changes, and cascading this knowledge within the HR Advisory team.
8. Design and deliver training to managers at all levels within the organisation and host organisations on key HR topics to ensure knowledge and awareness are embedded, ensuring stakeholder sign off within the wider HR team.
9. Being an advocate of continual improvement within the HR advisory team, actively embracing changes and taking accountability for any on-going issues that you identify.
10. Develop and maintain effective and pro-active communication channels with colleagues, their representatives and managers to ensure they are all engaged into the achievement of aims and objectives, and that key messages are understood and acted upon.
Personal Qualities, Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough working knowledge of applying Human resources policies and procedures and associated employment law.
- IT literate.
- Ability to work with business leaders to develop imitative HR solutions to meet business need.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with situations in a sensitive manner.
- Advanced communication skills in order to establish good working relationships with leaders and colleagues.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Solution Focused.
- Organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Strong team worker.
- Commitment to on-going professional development.
- Significant relevant experience in a full generalist HR role, working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of advising on HR policies and procedures, employment law and best practice.
- Experience of providing business focused HR solutions.
- Degree or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Assoc CIPD, level 3
- On site parking
- Great benefits