As Interim Deputy Director People & Culture you lead the HR team, ensuring delivery of HR strategy and with a focus on first class customer service, working with and supporting the senior leadership team & CEO.
International charity organisation operating in multiple countries across the world.
The Interim Deputy Director People & Culture appointment presents a superb opportunity for an accomplished HR professional to play a pivotal role in shaping and delivering the people agenda in line with the values and strategic priorities. You will be a key member of the senior management team, working closely with the Directors and evolving the HR service during an exciting period of growth and evolution for the Organisation.
As Interim Deputy Director People & Culture you will ensure delivery of HR strategy with a focus on first class customer service. You will oversee effective implementation of policies and processes. In addition you will support the senior leadership team & CEO as required.
The Interim Deputy Director People & Culture will be accountable for:
- Delivery of the HR service to provide strategic direction and leadership to support HR planning and policies implementation to ensure Organisational objectives are achieved.
- Strengthening relations with the wider community to consolidate and develop the visibility and image of the Organisation.
- Facilitating communication and collaboration between the different parts of the Organisation to ensure maximum impact of the Organisation's work.
- Leading on the development, implementation and ongoing review of the department strategy, policies, plans and systems in line with agreed objectives.
- Leadership, management and development of the HR team capability to achieve its short and long terms objectives, aligned to the Organisational goals.
Key areas of responsibility are:
* Ensuring the performance and ongoing development and engagement of the HR team.
* HR Strategy and policy.
* Employee Relations. Keeping up-to-date with all cases and taking a coaching approach, ensuring directors and managers are appropriately briefed, trained and supported where necessary.
* Leading on the development and implementation of the people strategy and systems.
* Ensuring that practice is consistent across the HR functions.
* Advocating good practice for the development, health and well-being of all staff.
* Playing a pivotal role as a senior manager, working closely with divisional leadership in contributing to Organisation-wide decision making and continuous learning, change and improvements.
* Recruitment and selection - overseeing the development of the recruitment and talent strategy, working alongside the People & Culture Manager and hiring managers.
* Reward, Benefits & Performance Management - supporting and reviewing the Organisation reward scheme both UK and internationally to ensure employees are fairly rewarded and in line with the market.
* Developing and implementing the annual appraisal system.
* Developing and implementing the job evaluation process.
* Strengthening external relations through engagement and networking with the wider community.
To be considered for the position of Interim Deputy Director People & Culture you must have a proven generalist HR background in a senior HR role, including experience in change management, organisational development, resourcing, compensation and benefits, policy development and employee relations.
You must possess a strong track record of true business partnering and ideally have worked within a large organisation with a passion for value-add HR. Experience of managing people and working as an inspirational leader is key, with a solutions-focused approach and the ability to work through complex issues
This role will suit a proven, senior HR professional with a background in the private/corporate sector. A flexible and pragmatic approach is critical for the success of this role as well as the ability able to work strategically and operationally when required.
Up to £65,000 per annum
Flexible/part time working