People Partner - Tech (6 Month FTC)
- WorldFirst UK
- Central London
- £40,000 - £60,000
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance, Information Technology
- Contract type
- Contract, Interim
At WorldFirst our mission is to create the world’s best platform for international trade.
WorldFirst was born back in 2004 by two innovators in a South London basement armed with ten years of banking experience, an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to provide customers a real alternative to the big banks. Since then, we’ve grown exponentially and, with a global team around 600, have become a market-leading, multi-award winning, rapidly-growing, fun-loving international payments company.
The WorldFirst People Team are looking for a dynamic, commercial People Partner to work with our innovative Technology function. This role would suit an experienced HR Advisor ready for the next career move or a People Partner keen to take on more responsibility that has managed their own client group and can run ER cases autonomously. This role will be integral to the business functions it works within, driving people initiatives to support its success and strategic direction. We are looking for somebody that can come in and hit the ground running, partnering with and coaching managers across the employee life cycle to get the best out of our talented team. The role also has a project delivery element with the opportunity to develop and implement people initiatives across the business.
- Understand our business, be proactive and support functional managers to make the best decisions that help us create an awesome place to work.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and coach at senior management level and beyond.
- Review and analyse data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention and engagement in your client groups.
- Coach managers to build leadership capabilities.
- Contribute to the development of people initiatives and processes to support the People Team operating as an advanced, innovative and strategic function, ensuring people decisions are based on solid rationale.
- Become a trusted partner to your client groups, so you are embedded into the team, participate in key meetings and are integral to functional decisions.
- Lead the planning and execution of the annual performance management cycle, talent management and succession planning initiatives, in conjunction with the Talent Development team.
- Take ownership of all ER cases, working closely with and advising managers to see them through to resolution.
- On hand to provide guidance to managers and employees on general People Team queries, policies and processes.
- Responsible for working with the People Officer to ensure all relevant data is communicated and processed accurately for payroll and reporting.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced Senior HR Advisor / Business Partner role within a generalist capacity.
- Experience working with Technology teams would be highly desirable.
- Solid ER Knowledge and understanding of UK employment legislation to appropriately advise managers and lead on ER cases.
- Experience in executing people related projects.
- Accustomed to working closely with senior managers, with the ability to influence and challenge when needed.
- Commercially minded and curious to understand more.
- Passionate about creating an awesome employee experience.
- Proactive and always looking for ways to do things better – not satisfied with maintaining the status quo.
- Ability to develop relationships quickly with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HR policies and practices.
What we offer:
From day one you'll find yourself part of our friendly, innovative and internationally collaborative team. Our People First culture means our staff are empowered to take chances and build real connections. And, we offer opportunities to grow – whether that means joining one of our international offices or broadening your skill set through training from our dedicated Talent Development team.
You can also get involved in Together@WorldFirst: our social, charity, well-being and inclusion committees made up of employees who are passionate about making a difference, not only to the lives of fellow WorldFirsters, but to the wider community too.
On top of that we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover, cycle-to-work scheme.
- Family benefits including enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave policies, and maternity and returnee back-to-work coaching.
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off and 3 life event days during your career with WorldFirst.
- Perks, including; Annual volunteer day, season ticket loan, free breakfast & fruit, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, gym discounts, bi-annual company parties.
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversations around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.