People Services Manager
- Fantastic opportunity to join the organisation in a newly created role
- Leeds Beckett University is an inclusive, vibrant workplace with ambitious plans
About Our Client
Leeds Beckett University is an inclusive, vibrant workplace with ambitious plans for the future! Based in the stunning grounds of the Headingley Campus, Leeds, this is a fantastic opportunity to join such a large and well-recognised organisation as they embark on a period of exciting change.
As one of largest employers in the city, their mission is to be an excellent, accessible and globally engaged university, contributing positively to a thriving northern economy. Their mantra and therefore commercial focus is based on knowing that tomorrow's challenges won't be addressed by today's thoughts, approaches and mindsets.
With a new People Director and a new People Strategy, they have a clear aim: the building of a committed, capable community of people who are proud to work for the University. This enables a platform to work with senior stakeholders and deliver transformational change in support of both their people and their University strategy and to engage in rewarding, meaningful work.
Reporting in to the Associate Director of People Services, you will shape service delivery and take a leading role in modernising and streamlining key employment processes as well as managing the workflow of the People Services team. Working collaboratively across the wider People team this role presents a great opportunity to help deliver our People Strategy with its focus on developing a high performance and engagement culture and establishing Leeds Beckett as an employer of choice.
The objective of the People Services Manager is to lead and manage a proactive HR Service Hub. You will be an agent for change, having a measurable and positive impact on organisational effectiveness; with the key responsibilities including;
- Providing a 'best in class' and effective HR services function to the organisation, ensuring the effective delivery of a broad range of HR administration in a streamlined process.
- Lead, motivate and upskill a team of six HR Administrators
- Coordinate process mapping and process improvement activity to improve service delivery, reduce bureaucracy and develop customer focused people processes.
- Be an agent of change, influencing stakeholders to deliver buy-in to new initiatives and processes
- Take ownership for the recruitment process, ensuring the effective delivery of advertising, shortlisting and interview processes in line with the principles of our approach to talent acquisition and diversity.
- Review and streamline HR policy and support system usage.
- Lead on internal communication amongst team and senior stakeholders on promoting innovation and ideas to drive a high performing, smooth HR Admin process
The Successful Applicant
The desired candidate will have the following background
- CIPD qualified
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team providing clear objectives, effective feedback and access to development to build individual and team performance.
- A proven track record of managing the delivery of effective and customer focused HR services in a large organisation.
- A proven commitment to the delivery of a professional and business focused customer service across all aspects of people administration, meeting customer needs and adapting service delivery as required.
- Experience of using process mapping and improvement methods to optimise service delivery
- An understanding of the higher education context and related implications for the delivery of effective recruitment and people management services would be desirable.
- Actively seeks new/improved ways of working using data and professional judgement to shape solutions and deliver change in a positive way.
What's on Offer
- Base salary range £38,460 - £43,267
- Generous annual leave (38 days excluding bank holidays)
- West Yorkshire Pension Fund with an employer contribution of 13.1%
- EVP - 24 hour Employee Assistant helpline
Extensive corporate discount on a wealth of well-known brands, including gym memberships, childcare vouchers etc.
To apply, please click the apply button on Changeboard.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTC14033775Z