HR Business Partner (6 month FTC)
- Osborne Clarke
- Bristol or London
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We have a new opportunity for a HR Business Partner to join our dynamic Human Resources team on a 6 month fixed-term basis. We are happy to consider candidates looking to work on a full time basis but are also open to considering some flexibility. The role is open to applicants wishing to be based in our Bristol or London offices.
Who we are:
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms. Our success is down to excellence in our approach to our clients, our people and our business.
With a growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Lloyds, HSBC, Facebook, and Vodafone as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups.
Our focussed strategy and positive working environment have been rewarded by many prestigious awards for career progression, management and culture, including being named Roll on Friday's 'Firm of the year' 2018.
Our people are at the heart of our business. Our multi award-winning HR team is highly respected for the central and strategic role it plays. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Recent HR related accolades include:
- Firm of the Year, Roll on Friday 2018
- Best Recruiter, LawCareers.net 2017
- Best Company Culture, AllaboutLaw 2017
- Best for Job Satisfaction, AllaboutLaw 2017
What you'll do:
Working closely with key stakeholders, you will provide strategic and operational HR guidance and support to Practice Groups across three UK locations. Your focus will be on continually improving the performance of the Practice Group through its people and ensure alignment with OC's overall strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Helping to implement the Practice Group's people and talent plan. You'll keep progress under review and measure impact in terms of business outcomes.
- Coaching Partners and Fee-Earners in HR matters and to manage change effectively.
- Overseeing talent management and succession planning for your Practice Groups, focusing on preparing and retaining talent for future positions.
- Leading on promotion processes.
- Ensuring diversity and inclusion is a central part of the Practice Group's people plan and that business leaders look at each decision through a D&I lens.
- Working closely with stakeholders to make sure your Practice Groups are the right size and shape to deliver against annual business targets and budgets. You'll keep this regularly under review and use insight to influence decision making about people, promotions and recruitment throughout the year. You'll advise on organisational design as needed.
- Supporting Partners to continually improve employee engagement within the Practice Group and ensuring feedback is listened to and acted upon so that our culture remains a competitive advantage.
- Working with colleagues in People Development to ensure that capability, and management capability, is being developed.
- Leading on employee relations matters as needed.
- Contributing to strategic HR projects change projects across the business.
- Line managing one HR Adviser, and managing (or have a dotted line to) a HR Assistant, so you'll oversee a full remit of HR service to your Practice Group.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic HRBP. You will have demonstrable experience in HR Business Partnering, ideally gained in a professional services environment.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, with the confidence to interact with people at all levels. Able to forge strong professional working relationships with internal clients.
- Effectively coaches others.
- Confidence to engage with a client group to help them drive their business forward with pragmatic and commercial advice. Able to think strategically, remaining mindful of OC's strategy and considering big picture implications.
- Professional and flexible in approach, able to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances. Able to manage expectations amongst internal clients whilst maintaining credibility and professionalism.
To submit your application, please click on the link provided.
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Emily Webb in the Recruitment team on 0117 917 3072 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.