We're working on an opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to join a small, prestigious investment management firm in their London office. As HR Generalist you would report to the Head of HR, supporting a population of around 200 in London and further employees in other global offices. Their Head office is based in Europe and you would work closely with peers there too, so any international experience would be hugely advantageous.
This role will be broad, hence the Generalist title and would best suit a candidate that has worked in a smaller firm previously and is comfortable with exposure to the business, having to muck in i.e. will pick up admin where necessary but that also has experience and confidence managing issues in ER, and being hugely proactive in working with stakeholders in London.
Responsibilities would include:
- Handling processes around hiring, transfers, salary increases, terminations etc.
- Recruiting employees up to and include AD/Director, including conducting interviews and managing the process up to negotiating comp & offer. Also manage intern / work experience programmes
- Draft documents related to regulations
- Assist managers with ER issues, including disciplinaries and grievances and exit interviews
- Stay up to date on legislation in international offices and ensure policies are updated
- Support the annual compensation review processes
- Track performance objectives and reviews
- Contribute to HR projects
Candidates suitable for this position will:
- Have worked in a small HR team previously
- Ideally have worked in a regulated environment (financial services preferable)
- Be highly knowledgeable of employment law and have been exposed to other jurisdictions
- Have experience managing ER issues, performance, disciplinaries etc. and working closely with line managers
- Ideally have worked in an international environment