Role: Expenses Administrator
Role Type: FTC - 12 month
At KPMG you will find challenging opportunities in an environment that recognises and rewards exceptional performance.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people.
The Expenses administrator will be responsible for working as part of a team to ensure best practice and service is delivered to all business service lines at all times. Specifically the job holder will be required to establish, maintain and influence contacts at all levels within the business as well as liaise with them over a wide range of issues, providing administrative support to circa 16,000.00 Partners and staff.
The successful candidate will be required to support the team leader by conducting themselves in a professional manner, remaining highly proactive at all times with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities without a detrimental impact upon the team.
The role would ideally suit someone who has confidence in their own ability, has strong analytical skills and enjoys investigative work.
This is a permanent role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform a thorough review of all Expense claims in accordance with KPMG policy and HMRC legislation.
- The jobholder is responsible for bringing any items that appear unusual or inappropriate (i.e. not normal expenditure of the firm) or not deductible for tax purposes to the attention of the Expenses team leader. For this purpose, the jobholder needs to be familiar with HM Customs and Inland Revenue legislation on tax deductible expenditure.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the HM Revenue & Customs guidelines pertaining to travel and subsistence.
- Deal Deal with incoming internal and external correspondence and telephone calls, ensuring that effective lines of communication are maintained.
- Liaise with partners, HR and KPMG employees over a wide range of issues.
- To respond promptly within agreed SLA’s to expense queries raised via the Helpline and via email from partners and staff.
- Carry out retrospective audits on expense reports as flagged and ensure that claims comply within both the Firms’ expenses and travel policies, and HM Revenue and Customs and Excise regulations.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the procedures pertaining to the Firms’ corporate American Express card and be able to provide detailed information to partners and staff alike.
- Act as primary contact for AMEX – working closely with the relationship manager to continually improve upon the administration of the account and the KPMG payment cycle.
- Generate system payment runs for AMEX and out of pocket payments, ensuring the required audit of Expenses and mandatory checks have taken place prior to the payment transfer being finalised as and when asked to do so.
- Become familiar with all processing deadlines, commitments and system maintenance dates, to ensure that adequate cover is available to carry out business as usual and provide support where necessary.
- Participate in system development projects that affect Expenses and explore opportunities for making better use of the Expenses functionality and other related systems.
N.B. The jobholder has to be fully aware of systems, procedures, and deadlines and control requirements, in addition to possessing excellent communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills
As it is likely that the job holder will need to communicate with individuals at all levels it is essential that they possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
The job holder will need to be able to demonstrate a high level of drive, energy and resilience with the desire to make a difference
Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and a good working knowledge of the firm’s financial system - SAP
The individual must display self motivation, organisation and excellent time management skills.
Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
Experience and Background
Proven administration experience of supporting a busy team preferably in Accounts
5 GCSE's/O ‘levels (or equivalent) including Maths and English. grades A-C
Expenses experience preferred but not essential
Book keeping knowledge preferred,