Employee Benefits and Reward Manager
KPMG's People Services practice is a dynamic and successful area of our Tax, Pensions and Legal Services business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, People Services can offer a very broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our People Services practice encompasses a wide range of areas across Global Mobility Services (GMS), Employer Reward Services (ERS) and Technology. Our GMS team assists organisations to manage their globally mobile workforce. For our clients we provide a single source of advisory and compliance experience covering all aspects of global mobility and international assignments. Services range from international tax compliance and consultancy, advising on international social security and pensions through to helping clients to design their global mobility policies or move into a new territory. Our ERS team brings a number of key elements under one umbrella, Reward, Employment Solutions and Employee Benefit Solutions all delivering a wide range of services. The scope is broad, covering payroll and HMRC compliance, employee reward and benefit strategy design including technology, executive strategic reward, valuation services, workforce management and advice on national minimum wage and gender pay gap. Our technology team provides cutting-edge solutions and tools to help clients in both the GMS and ERS space, helping them meet their compliance requirements, work more effeciently and minimise their risk.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The People Services emxsolutions team has an urgent need for resource to lead the design and implementation of client reward and benefit projects. As such, an opportunity exists for a Manager who will be based in London’s Canary Wharf office.
The permanent role will be responsible for the delivery of client projects in a wide variety of sectors.
Reward and benefit solutions is a key growth area for their People Services practice. The base model for the business is well developed, but recent wins and the pipeline are extremely healthy and the business is growing rapidly. This is a very exciting time to join this already successful team.
The role involves supporting and leading on reward and benefit projects including:
- Market insights and research - providing guidance and insights on:
o Current technology markets
o Typical/emerging benefits in the market
o Employee engagement trends
o Pioneering new benefits currently unavailable in the market
- Benefit Scheme Transformation And Optimisation e.g. review of existing benefit schemes to identify cost savings/ process efficiencies, enhancement to the offering and communication strategy
- Feasibility Studies And Return On Investment Reporting including the creation of board approval documentation
- Provider Comparison And Selection Support
o Ensuring the right product provider meets the needs of the business
o Managing end-to-end provider selection processes
- Benefits Benchmarking - ensuring the benefits are aligned to an organisations market and/or their corporate mandate
- Communications including the creation of a communications strategy and implementing change within businesses
- Employee Engagement/ Experience Consultancy e.g what is the current reward journey and employee experience?
The role also involves the implementation of Flexible Benefits schemes including:
- Ensure that the team provides a high quality service to KPMG’s prospective and existing clients including all aspects of Flex design, advice and ongoing administration services; and
- Undertaking a range of tasks during the lifecycle of each project, this includes:
- To ensure that work is carried out to a high quality and in an efficient and profitable manner;
- Ability to think ahead and think of possible project pitfalls; and
- Ensure that the annual renewal are project managed according to set timescales agreed by the client
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and providing high levels of client service by managing and implementing key projects; and
- Being main day to day contact for clients in relation to flex schemes worked on
Scheme & Benefit Design
- A detailed understanding of the drivers for Flex and of the HR and benefit issues that our clients face. A great part of the role is to ensure that the ongoing Flex design for our clients is best structured to address the issues they encounter;
- Working with a broad range of KPMG’s prospective and existing clients to provide advice on tax efficient benefits and greater benefit choice to employees; and
- Consulting on best methods of delivery for flex schemes, including scheme design, technology and administration; and
- Providing insights and guidance to clients based on expertise and strong industry knowledge;
- Experience of broking risk and non-risk benefits and providing advice to clients as required
- Ensure that all schemes are compliant with relevant legislation and HMRC regulations.
- Advise clients on communications strategy in relation to their reward and benefits;
- Review and, where necessary draft, employee communications which adhere to HMRC regulations; and
Online System Implementation
- Oversee the system implementation process.
Team Strategy & Development
- Act as leader and role model for more junior team members;
- Work autonomously, taking complete responsibility and ownership of projects;
- Delegate effectively to junior team members, taking responsibility and accountability for their work and performance;
- Input to business and team strategy/development; and
- Manage the financial aspects of client projects, including monitoring of time spent and timely billing
- Undertake Business Development activities with an aim to winning new business for the team in line with agreed targets;
- Lead on sales activities such as proposal responses and presentations;
- Develop new propositions to further team growth in the future;
The successful candidate will possess the following experience and skills set:
- Proven track experience working in an HR/Reward or Benefits Consultancy role;
- Able to evidence strategic thinking and thought leadership in reward and benefits;
- Able to lead research projects and demonstrate the collation and presentation of potential solutions;
- Considerable experience of implementing Flexible Benefits scheme(s) and online technology system(s) including having mapped out the employee experience journey;
- Strong commercial awareness and capable managing a complex and challenging client group;
- Able to evidence business development/sales capabilities and experience of proposition development;
- Confidence and credibility to manage relationships with demanding senior business people;
- Extensive knowledge of market, product and technological updates within the reward and benefits arena;
- Strong project management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manipulate and interpret data effectively;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment;
- Good experience at problem-solving;
- Well organised and able to deliver to agreed timescales and expected quality standards;
- Flexibility to learn and adapt to different working practices within the PS emxsolutions team;
- Experience of managing teams and dealing with people issues; and
- Excellent IT literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and preferably Access and Project.