Senior Manager - People Consulting (FS Banking - HR Transformation)
- Change Management, HR Manager, Organisational Development, Head of Change Management
- Job Level
- Contract type
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In People and Change we specialise in organisational development, talent management, behavioural change management and optimising the HR function.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Financial Services People Consulting (FS PC) practice in the UK is growing, as we work to help companies deal with an increasingly complex world; and the FS PC team is at the forefront of this growth working with many Retail and Investment Banks, Insurance firms (Life and General) and Investment Management organisations. Our five key proposition areas are:
- HR Transformation
- Learning Solutions
- Organisational Transformation
- Risk and Conduct Change
- Workforce Transformation
We are seeking a talented individual with experience leading the delivery of HR Transformation. This includes: HR Strategy, HR Operating Model design, HR Process Improvement, Employee Experience, HR Governance, and Technology. From a technology point of view, we implement Workday, Oracle and Service Now, so experience of one or more of these platforms is significant benefit. We are looking for a new Senior Manager who has experience of many of the above components in the financial services sector.
In more detail, the experience areas are:
- HR Assessments: Reviewing as-is HR functions and making recommendations to help the function become more successful
- HR and People Strategy - Alignment & Planning: Supporting senior HR Leaders in articulating, defining and communicating their People Strategy, and supporting strategies for the HR Function
- Service Delivery Model: Implementing a Service Delivery Model which could include for example: definition, design and implementation of roles, responsibilities, span of control within HR, governance structures, HR Shared Services strategy, development and set up. Having a point of view on future HR operating models, particularly with respect to Agile, would be an advantage.
- HR Technology: awareness of HR technology and how it supports and impacts HR service delivery; experience of implementations of one or more of Workday, Oracle and/or HR Service Now. Having a view on AI and ML driven technologies for HR Functions, including knowledge of the provider landscape would be an advantage.
- Business Case and Roadmap: Building the business case to demonstrate a value proposition for senior management to make a decision to move forward projects
- Employee Experience: Using Design Thinking techniques to improve EX around core HR processes.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Lead the delivery of high quality client project work for HR Transformation assignments, working closely with colleagues from other services within People Consulting
- Provide specialist HR Transformation advice and work closely with the client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Work closely with the leadership in People Consulting to: drive business growth; deliver outstanding client work; and be the face of People & Change to the external market
- Contribute to the business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our clients
- Take a role in the growth of the team and wider practice, sharing knowledge, developing thought leadership and supporting the career aspirations of team members
The successful candidate will:
- Be credible and confident building new relationships at senior levels, ideally already possessing a wide network of advocates, preferably in Financial Services
- Skilful at leading others in a fast paced project environment, coaching teams to higher performance, taking ownership of outcomes and constantly mitigating risk and driving improvements
- Have extensive knowledge and experience in HR Transformation, understanding best practice approaches to related project delivery and emergent thinking
- Have a robust understanding of the FS sector and its prevalent issues including regulatory change and other hot topics such as Financial Crime, Brexit, SMCR, MIFID and Conduct Risk
- Possess an acute commercial awareness and ability to identify business opportunities
- Have a track record of successfully coaching and developing team members to shape their careers and achieve their personal goals, preferably in a consulting environment
- Have excellent personal, written and oral presentation skills with the ability to influence and inspire others at all organisational levels
The successful candidate will have deliver to the highest standards, acting as a trusted advisor to our clients. They will demonstrate disruptive thinking, innovating and challenging where appropriate. They will lead from the front and develop our consulting practice and people, growing our capacity and capability to deliver. Importantly, they will do this by working in a connected way with our wider consulting practice, trusting and supporting their colleagues and possessing the drive to continuously learn and develop in a fast paced working environment.
Sector Knowledge and Qualifications:
- FS consulting experience and knowledge is essential
- Experience of Investment Banking, Retail Banking and/or Insurance is preferred
- Qualifications such as: CIPD, Occupational Psychology, MBA, Prince2 and Coaching would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills are essential.
For more information or to apply for the role, please click the apply button on Changeboard.