We are currently recruiting for a Training Events Co-Ordinator to join our Human Resources team in London.
As part of a team of 7, the role holder is responsible for the event management of a suite of training programmes and the provision of administration support to the Talent and Development Managers. The training events will be organised for all levels within the Firm and throughout our Global network and therefore the effective and efficient handling of all related queries is imperative, as is a willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours.
The Training Events team within HR are responsible for the smooth running and logistics associated with 220 training programmes developed and delivered by Allen & Overy's Talent & Development department. The training programmes are provided for all levels of fee earner as well as support staff across the global offices.
Role and responsibilities
The role will require someone who is highly organised, efficient and who enjoys getting the job done.
The job will include, but not be limited to:
- Arrange all pre and post logistics for a number of different training events
- Provide on-site support at the events to ensure the training runs smoothly
- Liaising with teams virtually in the A&O Global offices to supply all the pre event information required to ensure the training runs smoothly
- Checking on the set up of the meeting rooms and making any last minute changes
- Managing sign in sheets for Continuing Professional Development points (CPD)
- Meeting and greeting presenters/facilitators and ensuring they have everything they need
- Main point of contact on the day for all delegate queries
- Collating collateral for training programmes
- Managing the event budgets
- Preparing and amending documentation as required
- Ad hoc project work
- The role will ideally suit an individual with a strong event management background who is well organised and has experience in a professional services environment.
- Willingness to work extra hours when required – this will be when events are running and require an early start (from 7.30am) and a late finish (up to 7.30pm)
- Suited to an enthusiastic, efficient candidate with exceptional administrative and prioritisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships both with internal and external clients
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills across both client groups
- Ability to work to deadlines, juggle multiple projects & deliver under pressure
- Excellent communication skills , both written & oral
- Proven team working skills
- Computer literate with exceptional knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective and efficient with data management and databases
- Professional in outlook, attitude & appearance
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent, robust, with a commitment to getting the job done.
- Strong client focus and ability to form strong working relationships across a large and diverse organization
- Experience of delivering process improvement
Additional information - External
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. By turning our insight, technology and talent into ground-breaking solutions, we’ve earned a place at the forefront of our industry. Our lawyers are leaders in their field – and the same goes for our support teams. Ambitious, driven and open to fresh perspectives, we find innovative new ways to deliver our services and maintain our reputation for excellence, in all that we do.
The nature of law is changing and with that change brings unique opportunities. With our collaborative working culture, flexibility, and a commitment to your progress, we build rewarding careers. By joining our global team, you are supported by colleagues from around the world. If you’re ready for a new challenge, it’s time to seize the opportunity.