Experienced European Compensation Manager to join an HR team with a cross-EMEA client base
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
We are seeking to recruit a Compensation Manager who will be a pivotal player in the EMEAR HR Specialist team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Benefits Lead to develop and support the delivery of the Total Reward offering to all Epson EMEAR employees. Leading a small team and as the subject matter expert for all compensation strategies and practices the role holder has the primary relationship with the providers of the pay benchmarking methodology that informs Epson's reward considerations and decisions. The role holder will lead the delivery of the EMEAR annual pay review cycle and year-end bonus processes as well as day to day activities.
The role is based out of our Sales and Marketing Offices, in Hemel Hempstead, Herts with ad hoc travel across Europe as required.
- Leading the delivery of the EMEAR annual pay review cycle and year-end bonus processes. Including salary review cost forecasting via scenario modelling, external factor analysis (inflation, unemployment, salary movement by country), managing works council discussions, auditing HRIS data and leading the review process and ensuring all salary review changes are correctly reflected in the HRIS
- Leading key compensation initiatives covering areas of policy and process including; data validation exercises, reward system configurations and testing and training and managing cyclical workstreams, such as pay gap analysis and reporting and compensation competitive analysis
- Responsible for providing data analysis support to enable reward decision making, primarily in the area of compensation and making proposals and recommendations to ensure that Epson's have reward frameworks in place for all Countries that enable the attraction and retention of talent
- Primary responsibility for the reward data methodologies and the relationship with the providers, currently WTW and Radford, resolving any data issues and ensuring any changes to the methodology are fully understood and managed appropriately across the Central and Local HR teams
- Completing all pay methodology data submission processes accurately and on time to enable access to multiple benchmarking sources to aid reward decision making
- Providing advice and guidance to HR colleagues and the business on the reward benchmarking methodologies deployed (Willis Towers Watson and Radford). Providing advice on job matching and job levelling in line with WTW Methodology, ensuring robust documentation of every levelling outcome and proposed changes to role levels
- Ensuring all job pricing requests across EMEAR are managed effectively and fulfilled in line with SLA's and accurately
- Ensuring the compensation benchmarking data in our HRIS (Success Factors) is consistently accurate
- Manage one direct report and supports the development of EMEAR HR colleagues in the area of compensation
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Extensive compensation experience: must have led salary review processes previously
- Experience of working in a complex or matrix organisation and an understanding and ideally reward experience across EMEA or Europe
- Experience of working with the Willis Towers Watson pay data methodology is essential, in addition to experience of managing the pay data submission process
- Must have worked on a number of reward projects and enjoy working in an evolving business environment
- Advanced excel skills are essential to be able to produce multiple data reports from the HR Information System (Success Factors) and create scenario modelling for forecasting
- Word and Power point skills to be able to draft key conclusions and document the outputs of trend analysis into reports/slide decks
- Excellent verbal communication skills to manage conversations across cultures where English may not be the first language
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage to deliver to timescales with the confidence to escalate issues and/or solutions that would prevent these deadlines being met.
- Meticulous, organized, high level of attention to detail and excellent planning skills are essential
- Pragmatic and resilient
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.