- Simmons & Simmons
- Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
Clients today need flexible resourcing solutions to meet the changing demands of the marketplace. Simmons & Simmons Adaptive was born out of a desire to add additional value to our clients and is very much an extension of the services we already provide. Consultants who work with us through this platform are valued, supported and integrated into the firm’s business culture. As the Adaptive Assistant, your role is to support the growth and development of our highly successful and growing Adaptive initiative working with key internal stake holders and external clients to ensure the success of every Adaptive placement. The focus will be on the attraction and on boarding of consultants to the Adaptive service.
Main duties and responsibilities:
To assist the Adaptive team, and in particular the Adaptive Recruitment Advisor with the sourcing and placement of legal consultants through the firm’s Adaptive initiative. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Keeping track of all candidates approached and interviewed by the firm.
- Scheduling interviews with consultants, partners and clients.
- Participating in initial telephone conversations with consultants.
- Diarising monthly catch ups with the consultants (for the Adaptive Staffing Advisor) and updating the consultant’s records to reflect their current availability.
- Working with the Adaptive Recruitment Advisor and Head of Adaptive with research and profile mapping to approach potential legal consultants from variety of sources.
- Managing the Adaptive inbox and cvMail inbox ensuring all consultants receive timely responses to any emails and applications.
- Maintaining the accuracy of all Adaptive information (on a daily basis) via our own bespoke Adaptive Hub and tracking documents.
- Managing the Adaptive consultants list on outlook and Interaction and ensuring it is always up to date.
- Dealing with all AX (HR system) related matters for on boarding consultants.
- Formatting CVs into our Adaptive CV template for clients.
- Assisting with processing all consultant invoices.
- Responsible for on boarding documentation including consultancy agreements and Vero background screening.
- Proactively reviewing administration processes to ensure best practice
- Taking a lead role in the management of consultant profiles and talent pools on the Adaptive Hub.
- Responding to day to day queries on Adaptive from internal and external clients of the firm.
- Producing weekly candidate status updates for the Adaptive Recruitment Advisor.
- Assisting with any other day to day work relating to Adaptive.
Education / qualifications / experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or currently studying at degree level.
- Previous recruitment experience or experience in client facing role is essential.
- Previous experience working within the professional services sector ideal however not essential.
Knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive HR issues.
- Willingness to use software packages that are unfamiliar.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise urgent work.
- Uses initiative, is curious and thinks creatively.
- Confident dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Keen to deliver the best service to key stakeholders and is instrumental in reviewing processes and making alterations as necessary.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- All year round dress down
- We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
- All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017