- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
- HR Manager
- Construction / Property
- Contract type
Stoke on Trent
Your new company
My client are a leading specialist consultancy business based in Stoke on Trent with a national footprint. They are now looking to hire an experienced HR Manager to lead the HR department for c100 employees both office and field based.
Your new role
As HR Manager, you will coach and support the operations of the business giving the managers/directors the tools to manage performance and retain staff. You will work towards a high-performance culture where skilled people are valued and cost-effective. Responsible for maintaining all people-related policies and procedures in the business, such that they are compliant with legislation and good practice, and support the strategic aims and commercial reality.
- Proactively support and embed a generative performance and compliance culture.
- Partner the Operations Leadership in delivering their and targets through a clear People Plan aligned to their Business goals and objectives.
- Drive the quality of management through robust performance management, particularly focusing on key performance indicators as they relate to people; absence, punctuality, overtime, staff turnover, operational flexibility etc.
- Provide a structured approach to support, develop, monitor and if necessary exit mediocre and poor performance. Case management (non-conforming works, discplinaries/dismissal, grievance, whistleblowing, etc) as and when required.
- Coach operations staff at all levels in HR skills.
- Provide line management support to site staff as needed, and build relationships with that population - return to work interviews, site visits, setting of expectations, performance management notes etc
- Work with management to identify and implement simplified, fair and effective pay structures and advising on market/benchmarking, process, legality of changes etc. This includes innovative solutions to incentives, reducing cost and increasing flexibility of the workforce.
- Interface with the payroll team to ensure smooth running, and that compliance requirements are met and legal changes implemented effectively
- Ensure all people-related policies and procedures are compliance and fit-for-purpose, including but not limited to: performance management and conduct, disciplinary and grievance procedures, reward and benefits including cars, payroll, driver risk management, severance and redundancy, absence management, management of holidays and other leave, use of company property and data.
- Manage, deliver and continuously improve inductions and on-boarding
- Management of specific projects as per business requirements.
- Maintaining continuous professional development and competence for the role.
- As Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with statutory regulations and to manage the DBS documentation process
- Act as Safeguarding Officer for the company
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong HR Generalist who has experience of organisations with commercial agility and a need for cultural transformation.
- Has driven a Performance Management culture giving Managers the tools, key performance indicators and applicable data to develop people and drive operational performance.
- Familiarity with the collation and use of HR data.
- Experience of the full HR remit including training, recruitment and reward, and aware of HR best practice, Health and Safety legislation and employment law
- High standard of presentation and IT competence
- Excellent relationship builder and communicator.
- A high level of interpersonal skills with a 'can do' attitude.
- Flexible and reliable
- Strong leadership capability.
- Ability to work in collaboration with Quality team and Board
- Works under own initiative with a capacity for problem solving
- Able and willing to work in a team environment
- Dedicated and professional in approach.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, capable of contributing at Board level
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £40,000 DOE plus a company car or allowance, pension, health care and a generous holiday entitlement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.