ER Case Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £105000 - £120000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A superb role is now available within a City based Financial Services provider - ER Case Manager.
As an Employee Relations Case Manager you will connect with HR Business Partners, HR Legal, other control functions, managers and employees to drive the resolution of advanced and complex ER cases including disciplinary matters and grievances (running investigations through to closure), facilitated discussions, redundancy processes, relocation strategy, TUPE and restructuring exercises.
The role is supported by Employee Relations Advisors who are also business aligned and deliver Employee Relations advice, guidance and support to managers and employees on issues such as flexible working, sickness absence and performance management.
This position will be a true subject matter on all ER matters and will be able to advise from both a legal and commercial view.
- The role also involves facilitating case discussions with relevant partners, evaluating and assessing the trends arising within business areas
- Working with Employee Relations Case Advisors to present coordinated approach to Employee Relations matters
- Delegating work to and assuming more complex cases from Employee Relations Case Advisors when appropriate
- In addition you will be involved in strategic Employee Relations projects, policy development, global initiatives and regulatory related projects primarily related to conduct risk.
- You will also help to provide training and education sessions to employees and managers on both a formal and informal basis and maintain professional understanding of the changing legislative environment
- What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- CIPD qualification or employment law background preferred
- Deep subject matter expertise in the application of employment law, HR policy and process gained through working in a senior HR Business Partner position, an Employee Relations function or an employment legal practice including the demonstration of handling disciplinary, grievance and redundancy processes from start to finish.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships throughout the organisation and partner with the business/wider HR function in order to resolve complex ER cases
- Knowledge and experience of documentation/interview procedures for Employee Relations investigations
- Knowledge and experience within a regulated and organisationally complex environment
- Previous experience in a large global matrixed business
- Financial Services abckground
- Sound judgement and decision-making in the handling of sensitive employee matters
- Ability to assess risks with Employee Relations issues and take appropriate steps to achieve resolution of Employee Relations cases within the legal framework
- Client focused providing excellent customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Solid organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting and demanding clients and priorities
- Ability to manage, organise and prioritise numerous objectives, projects or activities simultaneously in a high pressure environment
- Flexible in adapting to a dynamic, fast paced environment with a positive attitude and results driven
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills are required in order to interact with all levels of management and employees
- Good counselling and advisory skills balanced with influencing techniques