Learning & Development Consultant ( FTC - BSR)
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. . To find out more please visit here
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 26 offices in 16 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Ashurst regards an inclusive and diverse environment as critical to its business success. Accordingly, the firm encourages applications from candidates representative of all talent pools. Find out more about our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy on the "About Us" section of our website.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area: HR Department
Role: Learning and Development Consultant ( 12 mth FTC)
Location: London (travel will be required)
Reporting to: Learning and Organisational Development Manager
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9.30 – 17.30, however flexibility will be required
Department/ Role Overview:
The global Learning and Organisational Development (L&OD) team is a centralised team predominantly based in Australia and the UK. The team works as one team, providing the same high quality learning experience and global offerings to our people in 26 offices around the world.
The Business Services Review 2020 Programme (BSR2020) is a global transformation programme that will impact almost everyone in the firm. Its main objective is to transform how Business Services operate together to deliver a better internal service that is efficient, robust and simple to use. The Learning and Development Consultant is required to coordinate the different learning requirements across the programme. Working with the Learning and Organisational Development Manager and with each of the programme workstream leads to design a learning strategy and plan. This role's primary focus is on the non IT / system training components (business skills, cultural change and adopting ways of working.) The role will work closely with the Technology Training Manager, taking the lead on defining the BSR programme strategy and plan.
The wider L&OD team is part of the HR function and is responsible for a range of learning and development programmes, projects and services including professional skills development for all levels from vacation clerks to partner and business support staff across the firm.
- Working with the Learning and Organisational Development Manager and the Technology Training Manager to ensure the learning strategy and approach is in line with the BSR2020 programme goals and timelines
- Take the lead on completing a learning needs analysis for BSR2020 and a detailed learning plan to enable a successful delivery of training products to all end users
- Ensures the learning plan and its delivery meets stakeholder needs, minimises impact, and maximises the effective adoption of the change.
- Consults with the Learning and Organisational Development Manager and the Technology Training Manager regarding resources required to deliver the training plan in each region at the right time
- Proactively identifies and manages training risks and issues related to their deliverables.
- Contributes to the development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of L&OD BSR2020 project strategies and solutions.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, and provide specialist L&OD advice.
- Contributes to the relevant administration of the function including training records, budgeting, communications and reporting as required.
- Travel to other offices as required to assist with the facilitation of learning events.
- Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a L&OD role and working on project implementations
- Global team coordination operating in multi time zones and cultures
- Experience of managing multiple project streams throughout their lifecycle
- Learning needs analysis, instructional design and facilitation experience
- Content development and delivery of training to a wide ranging end user base
- Experience in building blended learning solutions and applying innovative thinking
- An understanding of business services functions, their purpose and objectives and how they support firm strategy and contribute to the delivery of an exceptional client experience.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across all levels of the firm both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to design programmes, initiatives and material in consultation with business leaders and subject matter experts
- A commitment to excellence and to delivering work products and services of a high standard.
- Displays good judgment with the ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Forward thinker who is able to plan ahead proactively.
- Clear communicator who can work autonomously.
- Collaborative team player with a can-do attitude.
Desired skills and experience
- Professional services or corporate experience, preferably in a L&OD related role.
- Understanding of the legal environment and lawyers' work practices.
- Qualification in Learning and Organisational Development (or similar).
- Online facilitation experience (eg using WebEx or similar platforms).
- Experience using Learning Management Systems.