• To provide a valued, independent review on a pivotal People Strategy
• To offer advice and counsel around Executive Remuneration procedure
About Our Client
The General Dental Council (GDC) is the UK-wide statutory regulator of just over 100,000 dental professionals.
This includes approximately 40,000 dentists and 60,000 dental care professionals (DCPs) including dental nurses, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental technicians, dental therapists, and orthodontic therapists.
Their primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, they register qualified dental professionals, set standards of dental practice, investigate complaints about dental professionals' fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
As a member of the Remuneration Committee you will:
• prepare for and attend scheduled meetings of the Committee, and additional meetings and workshops as agreed by the Committee;
• contribute your knowledge and expertise to meetings to aid effective decision-making;
• contribute to any area of future development that will enhance the work of the Committee;
• take part in induction, training and performance review in order to improve the operation, decision-making and credibility of the Remuneration Committee; and
• carry out the responsibilities of the Committee in accordance with the Council's Leadership Behaviours, Members' Code of Conduct and Managing Interests policy and the Standards in Public Life.
The independent member will be expected to take part in Remco discussions, and may vote on matters under consideration by the Remco, but will not count towards the quorum requirements for meetings.
The Successful Applicant
• You will be a Senior HR professional, with recent and relevant senior management tenure.
• Have knowledge of the different roles and responsibilities of working as a non-executive member of a committee potentially as a senior HR professional working with Boards and Committees.
• Having operated in a NED role (desirable).
• Have the ability to assimilate complex information in order to form opinions and reach effective, fair and independent conclusions.
• Be open-minded and adept at strategic thinking.
What's on Offer
There is a commitment for 10 days on this Independent member role. Please contact for details on salary.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London