Corporate Responsibility Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Corporate Responsibility (CR) Specialist to join our award winning People team here at Burges Salmon. The role is based in our Bristol office perfectly situated a stone throw away from Bristol Temple Meads. This role will be part time, ideally working 3 days a week.
At Burges Salmon we pride ourselves in putting our values into action and truly believe actions speak louder than words. Our culture is a testament of this with 62% of our people having volunteered last year, but we don't want to stop there. We're an ambitious firm and we continually look to improve our standing as a responsible business.
As our CR Specialist, your role will be busy, at times challenging but it’s also very rewarding. Together with the Head of CR, the CR Co-ordinator and the Responsible Business Committee, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and asserting our Responsible Business credentials
- Enabling the Responsible Business Framework
- Materiality assessment and application of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Collation of performance data
- Coordinating stakeholder engagements
- Interactions with the UN Global Compact and Business in The Community (BiTC)
- Coordinating external reporting for Responsible Business
- Developing communication materials and updating social media
- Enabling and coordinating benchmark and award submissions
- Supporting our understanding and address of human rights
An essential element for the CR team is to ensure Burges Salmon lives up to being a responsible business, and remains highly responsive to stakeholder expectations and emerging trends.
We take our commitments seriously across all four pillars of our Responsible Business Framework including our marketplace, workplace, the environment and within our communities. We strive for best practice. We are members of BiTC and participate in their responsible business tracker benchmark. We are signatories to the UN Global Compact and ascribe to the Ten Principle of Responsible Business.
To get a real sense of our Responsible Business agenda follow us on twitter @BurgesSalmonCR
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience of working in the area of CR / Sustainability and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external clients and business services members.
- A strong team player with leadership qualities.
- A confident, enthusiastic and committed approach, whilst remaining pro-active at all times.
We believe it is our people that make the firm great. Our values of ambition, collaboration, commitment, fairness, quality and respect shape our distinctive culture and are evident across the firm. In fact, team playing is core to our approach to delivering a great client experience. We are accredited by Investors in People Gold and offer our people a generous benefits package, career development and progression, and a strong community engagement programme.
We are proud to have been awarded 'Happiest Work Place' at the National Happiness Awards in 2017, and in 2018 we were delighted to have been awarded 'Law Firm of the Year' for the third year running by RollonFriday.
It’s important to us that our organisation represents the diverse community in which we operate and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and identities. As a Disability Confident employer we will provide a fully accessible recruitment process and offer an interview to disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job.
For full details of this role please find attached the job description below, or for further information please contact Jenna Hazel (Resourcing Specialist) 0n (0117) 307 6060 or email email@example.com.
To submit an application for this vacancy please click on the apply button below.
Closing date: Tuesday 2 July 2019
Burges Salmon is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London