Interim HR Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £55000 - £65000 per annum
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Contract type
A London based Professional Services firm are currently looking for a HR Manager to join the team for a 12 month maternity cover contract.
You will be responsible for the full generalist remit, providing support to the HR Director in an operational capacity as well as have line management responsibilities. You will manage the full employee lifecycle, collaborating with stakeholders on recruitment, payroll and L&D. You will lead on ER cases, conducting meetings and investigations on complex cases as well as advising managers on how to manage low risk ER issues.
Their internal HR team are a key part of the Professional Support team - providing specialist HR support to our nine-specialist fee earning teams, a client base of approx. 400, across the entire employee lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities
HR Advice and Employee Relations
- Advise Partners, Directors, Managers and team members on all aspects of employment, as appropriate in accordance with internal policies and procedures, best practice and employment legislation.
- Work with Team Leaders and appropriate designated representatives to manage employee relations matters.
- Work with the HR Director to develop compliant employment policies and procedures.
- Work with the HR Director to regularly update the Staff Handbook ensuring it is compliant with employment legislation, the firm's practices and HR best practice.
- Assist the HR Director with the firm's Remuneration Review cycle.
- Ensure that the HR team's working practices are accurate and up-to-date.
- Work with the HR Director to ensure the firm remains compliant with regulatory requirements such as SICI and CPD/CPE.
- Contribute to the development of Committee reports, as required.
- Work closely with the BFP and Finance Teams to ensure the accurate administration of pension and other benefits.
- Oversee the timely preparation of payroll data for the Finance Team each month.
- Assist the HR Director with preparing the firm's annual Anti-Slavery statement and Gender Pay Gap report.
Staff Management & Team Development
- Provide day-to-day supervision and line management of HR team members.
- Ensure that tasks are monitored and satisfactorily completed within the designated timescales.
- Be fully aware of activities being undertaken by each team member and regularly review performance.
- Mentor and coach HR team members and provide regular and constructive feedback to members of the team in order to contribute to their ongoing personal and professional development.
- Carry out Performance and Development Review meetings for members of the team in accordance with the firm's systems and processes.
Training & Development
- Work with the HR Director to manage the firm's Performance and Development Review process, ensuring that the process meets the growing needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with external providers, such as SWAT and Kaplan.
- Work with the Qualified Person Responsible for Training (QPRT), to ensure that the firm's training commitments are executed in accordance with the requirements of the various Institutes (ICAEW, ACCA, CIOT, AAT, ATT etc.) and the firm's procedures and requirements.
- Assist the HR Director to plan and deliver training and development sessions that meet the growing needs of the business.
- Assist the HR Director with apprenticeship and student monitoring.
- Recruitment and Termination
- Work with the HR Director, HR Team members, Partners, Directors and Managers to manage the recruitment, selection, induction and termination process within the Firm.
- Review offer letters and contracts. Review on-boarding checks for new team members. Conduct exit interviews, distributing notes where necessary
- Review the final pay of leavers.
- Generate statistics and other reports as required by the HR Director.
- Compose own correspondence and review HR team member's correspondence, ensuring compliance with the firm's standards.
- Ensure all HR related documents are uploaded to the firm's Intranet as appropriate.
- Keep the HR Director fully up-to-date on HR issues being handled.
- Respect and maintain the confidentiality of the processed material and ensure that any regulations concerning security or confidentiality (such as safeguarding passwords) are complied with.
- Carry out other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London