Benefits Management Lead
- Highways England
- Bedford (with travel to Birmingham & Manchester)
- £47,304 - £54,400
- Compensation & Benefits, HR Analyst, HR Systems & Data Analytics, Reward
- Job Level
- Contract type
Your new role
If you have demonstrable experience of leading the development of a successful benefits management system, our Benefits Management Lead role is right for you. Working in the vibrant, innovative environment of our Major Projects Programme Hub, you’ll be leading on the development and implementation of a benefits management strategy for our vast Major Projects Directorate.
You’ll collaborate and engage closely with a number of internal stakeholders to ensure this benefits strategy aligns to the Highways England benefits framework, ensuring best practise is applied throughout. You’ll also be liaising with external infrastructure providers to share and leverage benefits management best practise across the industry, to maximise benefits for our customers and value for money for our client and stakeholders.
Our Major Projects Programme Hub is based across three locations in Bedford, Birmingham and Manchester so travel between offices is required on an ad hoc basis at around two to three times per month. This Benefits Management Lead post will be primarily based in the Bedford location, working alongside other project and programme assurance functions in the Major Projects Programme Hub.
What you’ll be leading on
- You’ll lead on the development and management of the Major Projects Benefit Management Framework
- You’ll assess benefits management across a number of programmes within Major Projects, identifying any gaps and overlaps
- You’ll lead on escalation of benefits management issues or new proposals across Major Projects
- You’ll lead on Major Projects Programme Hub’s engagement with Major Projects Sponsors, regional Major Projects Benefits Managers, Capital Portfolio Management, providing a key interface to Major Projects Delivery teams, Asset Management, Network Operations and Strategy and Planning.
To be successful
- You’ll have proven experience of delivering benefits management and benefits realisation tools and techniques across capital infrastructure projects or programmes
- You’ll have demonstrable experience of identifying and quantifying both qualitative and quantitative benefits
- You’ll possess working knowledge of business case appraisals including Value for Money and Benefit Cost ratio
- You’ll be able to evidence successful experience in influencing Programmes, Projects and Project managers both in and out of the immediate team.
- You’ll have as a minimum, one of the following accredited qualifications:
- Managing Successful Programmes – Practitioner level
- Management of Value – Practitioner level
- APMP / PMQ (Association of Project Management Qualification / Project Management)
- CMI (Chartered Management institute) - Foundation
A bit about us
The Major Projects Programme Hub (MPPH) provides a central, integrated programme management office for Major Projects Directorate, responsible for defining the standards, processes, systems and governance arrangements that will be used throughout the Directorate for the delivery of projects and programmes. MPPH is also responsible for raising the level of professional capability in all programme management service functions and in project management as a whole. It also enables, advises and supports other services which are provided across Major Projects Directorate.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We’re passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation
We reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
To apply, please click the apply button on Changeboard.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London