A leading wildlife charity based in London is looking for a Head of Reward and Systems to join their wider Human Resources and Personnel team
A leading charity devoted to the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats
Responsibilities of the Head of Reward and Systems:
- Work closely with the HR Director and leadership team to develop and implement a new pay and benefits strategy.
- Develop new reward processes and proactively lead the development of new pay, grading and benefit processes and work with the Head of Training & OD and Head of HR to ensure they are integrated with the company's PDR process.
- Manage and implement the annual pay review process accurately and effectively within budget constraints.
- Contribute to the annual pay negotiations providing expert insights on economic and market influences on pay trends and forecasts.
- Take responsibility for the design, delivery and ongoing communication of recognition schemes to support the embedding of the values.
- Develop and lead the implementation of reward related policies and procedures and systems to support pay and recognition schemes.
- Ensure all HR pay policy changes are communicated across the business and consulted on where appropriate.
- Ensure market competitor analysis is carried out to attract and retain talent. Maintain market data and participate in pay and benefits surveys and enable access to current market pay data to support HR business partners and line managers.
- Ensure compensation support is provided in terms of managing the job evaluation and grading structures.
- Ensure all remuneration and benefits are listed corrected in contracts of employment and staff handbooks
- To work closely with the Director of Operations for Conservations Programmes and the Senior HR Business Partner responsible for all overseas staff in terms of developing appropriate pay and benefit solutions in country.
- Conduct pay and benefits benchmarking across all UK and international offices and develop and maintain competitive packages.
- To review and maintain relationships with external suppliers of employee benefits and develop other non-cash reward initiatives including but not limited to life assurance, medical and cycle to work schemes.
- Report on gender pay and ensure the action plan is actioned and measured. Ensure all aspects of Reward are focused on diversity and inclusiveness to ensure accessibility and equality of approach to all.
- Ensure data analytics are developed to meet the needs of pay and benefit requirements.
Systems and MI
- Provide leadership and direction to the development of the HR system and to ensure it is developed and maintained to meet the needs of the company.
- Based on business needs, define and implement a strategic approach to HR data analytics for HR, directors and managers.
- Coordinate information across different areas of HR to ensure the provision of centralised strategic HR data to inform data led decision making.
- Lead on any system enhancement to ensure the company maximises the capability of the HR system, working with the HR team to both help identify and implement these enhancements.
- Keep abreast of the external environment and ensure the HR systems continue to be compliant with data protection principles and related legislation.
- Be responsible for the overall relationship with the provider of the HR system.
- Work closely with the HR Systems and Employee Data Officer to utilise the HR system to improve the efficiency of HR processes.
Requirements for the Head of Reward and Systems:
- Experience of managing and developing staff
- Experience of creating and implementing HR & Reward Policies and managing the changes
- Experience of international compensation and remuneration policies
- Experience of carrying out salary reviews and surveys
- Experience of job evaluation schemes
- Excellent relationship and project management skills
- Experience of managing HR databases and other IT systems
- Experience of design and communication of HR dashboards
- Good working knowledge of the tax implications and legal compliance requirements of reward, including salary sacrifice schemes