UX/UI Designer - Milton Keynes
Making banking easier for all of our customers
Working within a fast-paced environment you will be responsible for the end-to-end user-centred design process for projects that impact Retail Mortgage Customers. As the UX/UI Designer, you will conduct research and analysis, support ideation, prototyping, stakeholder engagement, validation with end-users to facilitate a process of iterative design / continuous improvement as you build out the user journey.
This position sits within the Retail and Business Banking Mortgage Division, which plays an important role in the continual improvement of customer experience, business processes, operational efficiency and customer service propositions, moving Santander UK to being one of the most efficient banks in the UK.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a UX/UI Designer your main responsibilities will be
- Creating detailed and thorough as-is analysis of products and processes
- Utilising appropriate UX research methods to engage users and stakeholders, analyse feedback to iteratively enhance the solution
- Creating low and high-fidelity prototypes, support testing and demonstrate the solution to project stakeholders
- Working directly with users and product owners to fully understand the requirements and ensure this is validated with users prior to the creation of any design artefacts
- Facilitate team workshops and ideation sessions
- Engaging with primary users and other external project stakeholders (e.g. design community) to design 'to-be' processes and UI designs
- Working closely with the development team to support and create the solution, displaying good communication and relevant methods to deliver UI design
- Support the team in the creation of user stories and acceptance criteria to ensure effective QA of the design deliverables for the solution
- Support in the development of colleagues in user-centred design techniques
Minimum skills and experience required
- Ability to understand the limitations and opportunities provided by Digital channels such as internet and mobile
- Ability to collect, analyse and condense complex and dispersed information
- Experience using rapid prototype tools (such as Axure), running user tests and analysis to inform decision in the design and development of software
- Experience of developing wireframes, user journeys, prototypes and UI designs as part of an overall solution design using tools such as Sketch & inVision
- Working to accessibility standards (including WCAG) and knowledge of accessibility obligations in the UK
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.