HR Systems Specialist
- Epson Europe BV
- Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Competitive Salary plus benefits
- HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Technology / Consumer Electronics
- Contract type
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to Robotics and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson is now seeking a HR Systems Specialist, to ensure effective HR system functionality and work collaboratively with the team to ensure business as usual systems activities, implementation and upgrades to meet the needs of the business.
This role includes both business as usual and system projects, where you will be responsible for coordinating and managing the overall project management process to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and pre-determined quality objectives.
The successful candidate will report to the HR Systems Manager and will be based within our HR team at our Sales and Marketing Offices, in Hemel Hempstead, Herts.
• Manage HR systems and technology, ensuring that the systems designs support Epson’s values, behaviours, business goals and UK and European legal requirements
• Manage the development, testing and implementation of system changes/developments, ensuring formalised procedures are adopted
• Problem solves and works collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders to proactively address any issues as they arise
• Manage HR Systems ticket management queue to manage user queries and requests and use resolution reporting to monitor and assess common trends to identify training needs and system improvements
• Project manage all system related projects using a structured methodology, using appropriate documentation and project plans ensuring that risks and issues are tracked and followed up on, and progress is being reported accurately
• Work closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts, coordinating between the various stakeholder groups to ensure effective communication and timelines
• Analyse existing paper and electronic HR processes, and develop/recommend ways of digitising processes based upon system capabilities, whilst maximising return on investment
• Ensure that UAT is conducted in a timely manner, developing test scripts as appropriate
• Act as the first point of contact with third party software companies, escalating matters to the attention of the HR Systems Manager when appropriate
• Ensure that accurate documentation (minutes/project plans/guides) are available at all times
• Ensure that HR team responsibilities during all phases i.e. implementation and go-live are being met
• Escalate matters as appropriate to ensure that project timelines are adhered to, giving awareness to business needs
• Act as System Administrator for all HR Systems
• Design and deliver technical user training for the systems
• Run regular batch jobs or processes as required for the efficient control of the systems
• Ensure that employee data is robustly secure and adequate data protection controls and security are in place with our suite of HR systems
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
The ideal candidate will have strong HR Information Systems experience and good project management skills in order to successfully plan, govern, document and deliver on schedule
You will also be experienced in the following areas:
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in business related discipline
• Previous knowledge of Success Factors is essential and Everbridge/iiPay is highly desirable. As well as a technical understanding of how databases work
• Experience of managing implementation projects as a project lead/project manager, within dynamic change environments. With experience of identifying requirements, testing, implementation, on-going development and review
• Excellent Project Management skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively both within a complex matrix organization and with individuals from different countries and cultures
• Effective persuading & influencing skills with the ability to manage stakeholders at a variety of levels
• Experience of effectively facilitating meetings to gain the buy-in of stakeholders to ensure the success of the changes
• Strong process / deadline focus and detail orientated without sight of the losing bigger picture
• Deadline focussed with the ability to consistently maintain high level of accuracy
• Creative problem-solving skills, capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop resolution options
• Excellent analysis skills and able to translate findings into business friendly language
• Outstanding communications skills
• Dynamic, resilient and results-driven
• Naturally self-motivated and able to work proactively without day to day direction. Strong reporting and data analysis skills and a strong working knowledge of MS Excel
• Able to comfortably deliver presentations and training
• Fluent English language skills (verbal and written) is essential
If you are seeking an opportunity to work with a leading brand, , working as our HR systems specialist, then we are keen to hear from you.
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.