HR Reporting & Insights Analyst
- Gowling WLG
- HR Systems & Data Analytics
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
About Gowling WLG
We have more than 1,400 legal professionals working around the world. Our offices span across 19 cities in Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, Asia and the Middle East. There's strength in our global presence – we embrace our differing cultures and work together as one team. We also understand the importance of investing in relationships that build knowledge and trust, while we provide legal advice that's tailored to our clients' world.
'Our people and distinct culture are what makes us different. We know this through client and employee feedback and this drives everything we do'' Chris Oglethorpe, HR Director.
There are great opportunities for all our people to flourish. Through training and personal development they can grow in their role. Our people are the cornerstone of our success, across legal, business support and early talent. We care about their happiness and believe in the power of teamwork. We want them to feel empowered and recognise that by supporting, respecting and embracing everyone's different contributions we achieve more.
Working flexibly, working fairly
Agile working offers people more freedom and flexibility in where, when, and how they work. As technology advances and our workforce becomes more diverse – and with clients often working to a 24/7 rhythm – having extra flexibility is key to helping us balance work and other commitments sensibly and productively.
By supporting people to choose where and when they get their work done, we help them to make a full and fair contribution to their team – while maintaining that all important work-life balance.
Where possible and depending on business needs, we will consider all flexible working options such as part-time working, job sharing, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with Gowling WLG you favour flexibility in your working arrangements, please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
Main Purpose of the Job
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress a career in HR reporting and insights. The successful candidate will play a key role in elevating our existing work to the next level, following the implementation of our new human capital management system. You will also be central to the design and delivery of data insights and reporting as well as data management to ensure accuracy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering the firm's evolving HR reporting strategy, seeking ways to streamline and improve the offering to internal stakeholders
- Agreeing, designing and delivering comprehensive HR data insights to support strategic and operational business needs including regulatory reporting, diversity & inclusion reporting
- Improving availability of core Recruitment and L&D data to support above requirements
- Developing expert knowledge of our HCM solution and data, and support with the resolution of more complex system related queries
- Working with our HR Projects Manager to deliver our annual engagement survey - agreeing data requirements and producing analysis of results
- Maintaining our relationship with the HR Systems Analyst who services our Canadian offices and working together on joint business requirements
- Supporting Business Development work through the creation of data for bids or media articles
- Developing reporting capability within the HR team
The successful candidate will have the ability to balance their technical skills with an excellent consultative approach when dealing with internal customers.
Technically, you will already have experience of working with business systems, database structures and their reporting functionality. Ideally your experience will be HR systems and in particular Oracle HCM System and the OTBI reporting functionality.
You may also have experience in Business Intelligence Publisher reporting from Oracle HCM and/or be a confident user of SQL
Experience of creating and analysing data packs for different audiences will be essential, along with the consulting skills to analyse data requirements and produce tailored solutions and an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel.
Most importantly, if you do not have all of the above role specific knowledge, you will be able to show (and demonstrate) a relentless curiosity to develop your skills and to be able to turn your hand to this role.
Gowling WLG is committed both to promoting equality and diversity in the firm and to Equal Opportunities in employment. The firm believes in equality of opportunity regardless of race or racial group (including colour, nationality, ethnicity, national origins), religion or belief, age, disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy, maternity and paternity. This also includes any incidents of perceptive or associative discrimination and harassment.