Sustainability Strategy Manager - Milton Keynes / London
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
We currently have an exciting newly formed opportunity for a Sustainability Strategy Manager to join and help us design and deliver Santander's CSR and Sustainability strategy, working closely with the Group CSR & Sustainability Manager.
The role will be reporting to and working closely with the Group CSR and Sustainability Manager to develop and deliver of a sustainability / CSR strategy that supports Santander UK's purpose to help people and businesses prosper. You will contribute to evolving the CSR agenda toward Sustainability to deliver against the company's ambition of becoming a fully purpose-led organisation.
The successful candidate will be expected to work from both our Milton Keynes and London office's according to business needs, so it essential you are committed to travelling on a regular basis.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Sustainability Strategy Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Contribute to the sustainability report ensuring compliance with best-in-class reporting frameworks and standards.
- Working with the Group CSR and Sustainability Manager to develop and deliver of a sustainability / CSR strategy that supports Santander UK's purpose to help people and businesses prosper - e.g. design and deliver high quality, high impact activities that contribute toward the agreed Sustainability/CSR objectives.
- Contributing to the CSR and Sustainability Policy annual review and ensuring sustainability / CSR programmes meet relevant governance requirements and best-practice standards.
- Supporting the business units to articulate their specific sustainability proposition and objectives and the related action plans. Designing strategies and delivering programmes to increase employees' engagement and capability in sustainability.
- Coordinating internal stakeholders to support the delivery of our community programmes.
- Acting as a subject matter expert and providing support to the business divisions to embed sustainability within their business strategy and objectives.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Strong strategic thinking and track record of driving change in complex/matrix organisations. Strong stakeholder management and ability to influence at different levels of the organization. High potential and ambition to grow and develop.
- Suitable experience in sustainability including experience of managing sustainability programmes within other large corporate organisations or consultancy firms.
- Sustainability expertise. Clear understanding of sustainability reporting and frameworks (GRI 4, Dow Jones Sustainability Index, etc.) and able to interpret, articulate and apply sustainability theories and processes.
- CISL/GRI4 Reporter or other relevant professional qualification which are likely to demonstrate knowledge and application of sustainability strategies.
- Digitally savvy and with strong problem solving skills, ability to cut through complexity and provide effective solutions.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.