HR Advisor - Milton Keynes - 12 Months
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- £16000 - £19000 per annum
- HR Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Contract type
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
We have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to be based in our Milton Keynes office.
As the HR Advisor you will support the transition of HR Shared Services team, providing Tier 1 support to all employees and managers across the full employment lifecycle in Santander Group UK, and its subsidiaries.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a HR Advisor your main responsibilities will be
- Provide excellent customer service to managers, employees, and colleagues in all areas of the business
- Complete a series of procedures and processes to ensure the accurate and timely transaction of telephone calls and administrative task
- Accurate calculation of payments, and all necessary reconciliations
- Produce information for Team Leader to support MI for management team
- Identify, assesses, manages and reports risks and controls. Takes personal accountability for following company procedure and policies, operating in accordance with all risk and control processes
Minimum skills and experience required
- Experience of handling telephone queries, preferably in HR, is essential
- Able to keep calm under pressure and reassure callers who may be upset / angry
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external people of all levels
- Able to quickly get to the root of the question / issue
- Professional telephone manner, able to engage with callers and quickly build rapport and credibility
Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes -be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.