The Head of HR role will be fast paced, transformational & commercially aligned with excellent people leadership skills
The client have been on a journey and are still evolving as an organisation and as a HR Function. They are a business that has grown both organically and via acquisition in over 10 European countries. The Group HR Director has a real vision to pull the group together as one business and that supports the strategic vision of the executive team and underpins the People strategy. You will be part of a Global HR community to deliver the company vision and values and promote the organisation as an employer of choice. With multiple sites in the North West and across the UK you will be primarily based in Manchester but will have a remit that stretches across the UK, and two sites in Europe.
The Head of HR role will:
- Drive HR Capability through the team both direct and indirect reports
- Translate the strategic objectives into tactical interventions, closely aligning your self to the operational business
- Support the Group HR Director in delivering cultural change and bringing the organisation together as one global business
- Working with trade unions to work collaboratively and developing mutually beneficial relationships
- Design and implement engagement activities in line with corporate objectives
- Work with stakeholders to implement robust talent and succession plans
- Coaching with operational leaders and HR function to drive effective leadership and capability across the region
- Line manage HR managers in two European sites, supporting to deliver consistency of message
- Leading on M&A work and driving commercial growth plans across the region
- Be based in Manchester but may have travel requirements across UK and minimal European travel
The successful candidate for this Head of HR role doesn't have to come from FMCG but must have worked in a fast paced, unionised manufacturing or distribution environment. Ideally you will have experience at both site and Head office level and be able to flex your style to your customer group. You will have a hands on approach and be able to translate strategy at a local level, ensuring you engage every level of the business.
Your CV will show:
- A HR degree level qualification
- Examples of where you have worked with other countries either as part of your role or on projects
- Will describe large scale change and transformation with commercial outcomes
- How you have added value to the business and senior leadership team
- Led teams across multiple locations and ideally worked in a similar complex and large scale operation
The role offers the right candidate an excellent platform to develop under a really passionate Group HR Director who will empower you to make a difference.
The role has a broad salary range dependent on experience and knowledge from £65,000-£80,000 for a truly exceptional candidate plus benefits