This is a 12-month fixed term contract initially with the potential of long term.
Your new company
Our client is a well-established commercial organisation based in Woking, Surrey
Your new role
Purpose of the Role:
- To work closely with key managers for specific areas of the business to deliver a proactive and professional HR advice that is innovative, breath-taking and challenges convention that supports the business.
- Diagnosing issues, identifying needs and providing creative solutions in line with business objectives.
- To role model and demonstrate living the values.
- Lead and advise on all employee relation issues (including disciplinary, grievance, attendance, probations) to effective resolution.
- To work with the HR team and undertake a variety of HR projects as required.
- To assist the HR Business Partner with development of HR systems, procedures and policies and liaise with managers to ensure these are communicated and implemented effectively.
- Be the owner of flawless data.
- Influence managers to ensure that the HR processes are embedded across the business.
- To provide reliable and trusted employment law advice both in the UK and Internationally.
- To develop and deliver training sessions to managers on HR policies and procedures.
- Management and coordination of all business training activity, including administration of these.
- Act as the training lead for specific business areas, assisting with the creation and maintenance of the training catalogue, creating and maintaining training and development materials and updating and maintaining the Learning Management System.
- Liaising with training providers and suppliers to ensure training is arranged and delivered flawlessly.
- Managing own administration including all training administration.
- Identify and assess HR issues which need to be brought to the rest of HR for attention, and act upon as necessary.
- Prepare relevant reports and metrics for the business (including absence and leaver metrics).
- Carry out exit interviews and develop meaningful data and recommendations.
- Produce meaningful metrics that highlight key trends and themes in the business. Implementation of actions and activities based on these trends that move the business forward.
- Work with the HR Business Partner to embed the values into the organisational culture, identifying key areas of focus for cultural development in specific business areas. Generate ideas on possible approaches to impact cultural change.
- To oversee and support the payroll process by checking and auditing payroll data to ensure accuracy of information on a monthly and annual basis.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of generalist HR operations including employee relations and resourcing
- Experience of providing solutions-based HR advice based on a sound knowledge of employment law, best practice and general commercial awareness.
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of Change Management
- Knowledge of Training and Development processes
- Good IT skills including MS Office, email, excel and SAP
- Experience of managing various ER issues
- Good administrator
- Experience of dealing with performance management processes and procedures
- Experience of payroll and salary review processes and administration cycles
- Has high levels of attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
What you'll get in return
A base salary of £30,000 - £35,000
some home working
comprehensive benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.